Angeles City

I am planning a trip there seen most the sites looks like Thailand 10 years ago went to Manila a long time ago just wonder of any of you guys have recently been there and what are the prices and is it as fun as it looks

It is fun and well worth a trip. The Filipinas have their own charm and they speak English too which is a big bonus especially if you want to cavort around town all day with your barfine on your arm. The barfines are stll around 1000 pesos or about $20 US. You can get them cheaper than that from some of the blow job joints in the side streets off the main drag.

On the down side, there is not as much to do in Angeles as there is in Pattaya or Bangkok and it's a dirty place.

I have three good friends who have travelled with me to Thailand and The Philippines. Two out of the three prefer Angeles to Bangkok or Pattaya.

Angeles is not everybodys cup of tea, but girls are cheaper there. It's 1000 pesos long time or 500 peso short time (53 pesos to the USD). Hotels are better and cheaper in Pattaya, and the poster was correct, there is not much to do there in the daytime. There are some salty old f**ks there that turn many off. I cannot take more than 3 days there myself, but a lot of guys love the place. Go to www.angeles2.com/board if you want more info (beware, that board is not as friendly as this one. Lots of negitive trolls).

I went to Angeles for the first time last month with my Filipino friend. To me the place looked like a wild west town with a road full of gogos. The larger ones seemed safe enough from rip-offs, it's fun at first but it does get boring. Not all the Filipinas can actually converse in English though. There is sweet F.A to do in this town in the daytime though...was actually looking forward to going up to Baguio instead.

IMO it just doesn't come close to the variety in Phuket, Bangkok or anywhere else really. Quality of girls were touch and go - similar to Thailand. If the place had some joints like CM2 or Shark it could be a lot more fun. Not many foreigners there at all, but pretty friendly. A few Filipino businessmen and more Chinese/Japanese.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been visiting Angeles for about the last four years.

The girls generally speak good english and cost only about $20 including BF. Lookswise there are stunners but overall I would say that Thai girls have a slight edge. Though if you like your women with a bit of meat and decent breasts the PI is the place. There is a good variety of bars and there are plenty of expats about, primarily Americans and Australians with a sprinkling of Brits. The place and people are friendly but there is always that sense of danger which I have never experienced in Thailand.

The main negatives are that, there is little to do during the day other than drink and BJ bars, there is a risk that you can be mugged, pickpocketed etc, due to the upfront payment system a lot of the girls are "runners", though only happened to me once.

But overall, I reckon its a great palce and well worth a visit at least. Its not everyone's cup of tea but it never hurts to have a look.

Several of my friends that visit Thailand and Philippines seem to like AC more than Pattaya. They like girl friend experiences which Filipinas are especially good at providing. I currently prefer Cambodia myself. Best bang for the buck...

There is crime and muggings that goes on in all places. In Pattaya I got kicked in the face, Thai style :cussing: during Songkren on small soi between Apex hotel on 2nd Road walking to Beach Road but muggers didn't get anything. Still feel the bruise on my face. At least I didn't need stitches. Happened about 9pm. So as a reminder it is best to avoid dark quiet areas.

George, you say more bang for buck in Cambodia - what do you reckon the short-time and long-time rates should be out of Sharkys, Cathouse, Heart of Darkness,etc Thanks!

Archived