Cambodia - Just the Facts

ultras67

THE FACTS MAN JUST THE FACTS!

I know that some people like the facts, some the "colour" version and some the "sanuk" version of a trip so...

here is just a quick summary of how I travelled around and got to places and the prices I paid. The prices in brackets are the normal prices I was told I would have been charged. The full version will follow.

Bangkok to Siem Reap

Left Home 7.30am - Arrived Mor Chit Bus station 7.50am

8.30 Bus to Arranyapratet 8.30am. Arrived Arranyapratet 1.05 ? Lunch at bus station food centre

Tuk Tuk to border B50 ? touts not bad.

Left Thailand 2.05pm, Arrived Cambodia 2.05PM ? Visa B1000 not US $ 20 as it says on the VISA. Touts annoying and persistant.

Got taxi 2.35PM ? B1200 for entire car to myself. Arrived Hotel in Siem Reap 5.50pm 3 1/2 hrs before KSR bus !

Siem Reap

Ivy 2 Hotel US $ 6 ( US $ 8)

Motorbike driver US $ 6 per day

Angkor Wat 3 day pass US$40 - day pass US$20

Siem Reap to Phnom Penn

6am pickup. Boat scheduled to leave at 7.00am ? left 7.30am

ticket US $ 22 including van to boat ( ticket price US $ 25 )

Arrived Phnom Penn 1.20pm ? lots of touts and persistant.

Phnom Penn

Indochine 2 Hotel US $ 15 (US $ 20)

Phnom Penn to Sihanoukville

Bus left 1.30pm 14000R for new year ( 12000R ). arrived Sihanoukville 6.20pm ( including breakdown). Not many touts ? maybe because of late arrival.

Marlin Hotel US $ 12

Sihanoukville to Koh Kong

moto 3000R to pier ( from city centre ). boat ticket US $ 12

Boat scheduled to leave at 12.00am ? left 12.10pm. Arrived Koh Kong 4.10pm. Touts really fecking annoying and almost grabbing your bags.

Ottos Place B100. ( avoid it )

Koh Kong to Trat

left hotel 10.40. moto B50 plus toll B11.

crossed into Thailand about 11.10. No Touts. Songthaew to Trat B100 about 50 min

Trat to Bangkok

1.00pm bus B189 ? arrived Ekami 6.30pm home by 7.10pm

A little journey of 10 days in total.

Says ultras67:

THE FACTS MAN JUST THE FACTS!

Well, come on, how about some real facts: The ladies! ;)

Locations, prices, service, any hidden, not known places ...

now why did you leave out pattaya

I left out Pattaya because it isnt in Cambodia !

:p:neener:

::

It was my first time but to be honest Sihanoukville and Koh Kong I didnt really like and didnt deserve another night.

But strangely enough I am now in the big P for a couple of days.

Phnom Penn would surely be the big PP. hmm wrong connotation there. Any comparison to a toilet would surely be better suited to Poipet.

Does PP have a nickname? After all if Bangkok is bangers or the big mango what could we call it?

Last night we had the usual pattaya compromise because of the holiday. Beer bars were open but no music and no lights and bars were open if you went in side doors and gogo bars were open if they had an upstairs floor and downstairs was fully lit and empty with chairs on the tables.

Normal restaurants and family bars were open as usual.

I like Snooky and KohKong for the ladies. If you don't visit for them, I can see why you wouldn't like the places. When I visited just after Songren, price for longtime I paid was $10 at port area in Snooky. In KK paid 600 Baht L/T. A bit expensive. Probably motobike rider was getting a cut. Better to rent your own motorbike for $3 or so. Was happy with selection and quality of both Cambodian and Viets. KK has chicken farm. At brothels can buy a large can of beer for 50 Baht and get another for the ladies while they get you in the mood. No problem taking girls to hotel. No silly joiner fee as in many Thai hotels. A good hotel is Phoumin, just 100 meters left of the boat pier toward the bridge. Don't need moto to walk there from port. Paid $6 a night for good room, hot water, cable w/o aircon on 1st floor... Snooky has 3 main areas for lady fun. Then there is disco Biblos, where you can point out the girl you want from numbered mug shots on the wall, if you "come" before disco starts about 9PM. Plenty rooms in back. Biblos prices a bit expensive maybe 700 Baht S/T. Good quality though. Many beaches in area with a mix of backpacker types. Can get rooms as cheap as $1 a night (Beach Club) at Weatherstation Hill above Victory Beach... In PP, Receptionist at IndoChine2 is cute. I paid $12 for my top floor room. Thought prices were too expensive for everything in PP. Don't care much for wedding ceremonies which are apparently held on streets next to hotels with extra loud amplifiers that go on all day and night.

Receptionist at IndoChine2 is cute
There were a couple, one seemed to say Sir every 3rd word or so. Hello sir, sir how is your room sir, sir is room ok sir, excuse me sir.........

Koh Kong to be honest I only stayed a night to piss off the touts because they were so agressive :onfire:

I agree that the touts can be aggressive, but after they start recognizing you they'll calm down. I just came back from a 4 day trip to Koh Kong and enjoyed it a lot. S/T 200 and L/T 400 at the chicken village. Selection was worse than 2 months ago, but still ok IMHO. Tried the karaoke places in the village. Some fun and beautiful girls there.

Phoumint hotel was full, went to Raksmey Makara instead. Had some great breakfasts at Cheap Charlie's, run by a local named Haeng.

Fredro

Archived