"classy" naughty nightlife options

jetlag

jitagawn,

another buddhist quote that I like:

"knowldege is a barrier to understanding"

I always have found some truth to this one....

Good point about personal attachment. I can't remember what recent managment book it was, but the author devotes a section about negotiating one's interests instead of one's position. It aims to create a win win situation.....

I have seem effective arbitrators, labor negotiators and even our corporate environmental lawyer use it. Can be applied here to the board as well as to one's personal interactions....

Cardinalblue

Cardinalblue

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Everytime you compare a bargirl to a tube of toothpaste or just a business transaction/meat market and thus dehumanise them I see it as a personal attack on my mrs. Overly sensitive maybe, but you know how it rankles guys like me because I happen to take our marriage very seriously, yet you continually go for it and then bleat like a lamb when I respond in a way you find offensive, I think with justification, to your opinions.

Fly,

Think about the design and layouts of the fish bowls. How do you explain the individual numbers posted on the girls? Or What about the mamasan asking you what girl you want before you have even taken a seat? Or the girl asking how much you pay?

I am not the one calling these meat markets. The thais are doing it to themselves.

There is only so much one can turn a blind eye to or pretend it doesn't exist until the reality of the situation really sets in......

Romanticing it just further contributes to its inherent structural design.. One is perpetuating the situation not reducing it by trying to put a positive spin on it for one's own self-indulgence under the disguise of romance.......

I rather call a spade a spade instead of a heart.....

A "humanistic" person is one who doesn't visit these places at all....

Cardinalblue

>>>I rather call a spade a spade instead of a heart.....<<<

if you are so much into papers, you should go through the one of the noted anthropologist eric cohen, called "open ended prostitution".

when you finished that lets talk again.

Fly,

I will take a look. My request then is you leaf through a book by George Lakoff titled "Moral Politics: What conservatives know that liberals don't"

Please note the author is a very liberal cognitive scientist.

This book tries to explain how two people can view a topic like abortion, gun control, role of the government or death penalty (or can be applied to the bar scene as well) with completely different viewpoints based upon family upbringing and the be belief/value system associated with that upbringing...

Cardinalblue

>>>My request then is you leaf through a book by George Lakoff titled "Moral Politics: What conservatives know that liberals don't"<<<

sorry, no interest whatsoever. i am very much in tune with the conflicts between my heritage and and my professional and personal reality now. no need for psycho analysis there.

see, i do not write those papers, i am one of those people who do need those papers for their professional use (and people who write those papers at times use my work and personal experience to assist them in their research). so, i am rather used to reading papers from the viewpoint of applicability to reality. i am a practical person - if i perceive a paper as some useless brainfart i keep letting it collecting dust - a waste of my time and energy.

Archived