Short Cambodia update

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are very welcome. To give a general direction, the diddling-bars are all in walking distance to sharkys (best is probably to drop off at the Hawaii-hotel and then make your visits by foot). Walkabout, Shaghai and the Heart are also located in walking distance in a street not far away from Sharkys (take a moto for KHR 1000, 3 minutes ride). Martinis is far away, better take a taxi (USD 2 per taxi one way) as the security-situation is unstable.

There are more bars/ locations around: U2 (a famous Khmer night-spot with Khmer freelancers), the Hun Sen park (street-walker from USD 7 lt), street-walkers around street #63, Toul Kourk (if you are really desperate), some better discos, karaoke bars etc., but I haven't been to these spots. There are also local st-places where a st is less than USD 2 (may be not highly recommended though). Almost every hotel offers girls too (usually Viet/ Khmer for USD 20 lt). Best is probably, to check the current situation in one of the dedicated Cambo-boards.

Enjoy your trip!

• 1 month later...

Back to PNH, may be time for an update again:

General: It seems, PNH is very busy at the moment. Many tourists, long waiting time at the immigration, full bars. May be, one reason is, with Cambodia being an USD-currency country, this is for an European almost a paradise for sanuk.

Transportation: There seem to be three valid options for flights from BKK at the moment: Thai for around THB 10000, Bangkok Airways for THB 8200, President Airways for approx. THB 6500. I booked a flight with Bangkok Airways for THB 8200. The only problem last night was, my flight from BKK got delayed for three hours, so I missed Ranger. Hopefully, we can meet today. This was not the first time, a flight with this airline got delayed.

Legal/ Visa: It seems, there has been some changes as of Jan., 1st 2004. The exit charge for PNH airport is now USD 25 (afair USD 20 before) and when overstaying a visa, the charge is now USD 5 per day. I have no idea, what the former charges for overstaying were, but afair Cambodia was rather lax compared to Thailand handling these kind of things. Both, the immigration and the airline were handing out leaflets pinpointing these issues.

Accommodation: This time I opted for the New Paris Hotel for the first time. As it has been mentioned and recommended on other Cambo-boards many times, it is very popular with OK rooms for USD 15 per night. Expect to see many regular visitors in there.

Nightlife - Sophies: Sophies is still going strong. When entering, four - five girls were immediately approaching me and starting to give me a BJ, one after another. As the girls do not wear any kind of underwear, lots of serious good diddling opportunities too. After the test-run, I was welcome to make my choice. All girls in there are Khmer.

Nightlife - Martinis: Martinis was very busy last night. Met some regulars from former visits in there and got the latest news about girls, places, do's and dont's etc. Martinis has two new restaurants (one international, one Thai), prices still very reasonable and very good food. They are still playing life-music on weekends. As usual, a wide selection of girls, including some former K11-girls. One former K11-girl, working in K11 as of last year, is now working as a mama-san in Martinis. How times changes!

Nightlife - Sharky's/ Le Cyrcee: Both places were reasonable full, while I got the impression, that Sharky's was running better the last time.

When visiting other places and Sihanukville, I will share further updates.

Peter,

Well, I was going to take you to Sophie's tonight, but it seems you are already acquainted with the place :grinyes:. I was hoping to keep this place a bit of a secret, but it seems you've already ruined that :cussing:. LOL-see you tonight. If I miss you at Sharkey's, I'll be at Sophie's :beer:.

Ranger

LOL,

regarding Sophies, I am sorry :angel:, but it has been around for some time now. It seems you are right and I made a mistake in the very first post in this thread. ST in there is USD 10, regardless whether you finish in the room or you finish in the bar. However, you only pay, if you get off. A tip for the girls is IMO appreciated though.

Shanghai: I must admit, I was a bit surprised about this place. IMO, a good beer bar/ pool with some decent girls, relaxed atmosphere. I have always heard good things about this place, may be I will take a girl from there soon.

Martinis: It seems, the girls really got more hardened there. The cuty last night (Viet, one of the "famous girls") asked for USD 20 for a ST, and she didn't want to bargain. At the end, I made it to Tommys (Road #63) and took a regular for USD 5, ST. The selection was IMO very nice last night and has improved a lot since the last visit. I was really considering a LT, but as it was late and I was a bit tired, I opted for a ST. My driver went to an adjacent place and got laid for USD 3 (local price).

Hopefully, you were lucky with your girl this time. And it was nice to meet HarrySeaman. Interesting, how he is always able to get lots of attention from the girls with his small toys. A good idea.

>> Try to check out Choctamuk, the boat, a bit north on the promenade, you may like it. <<

I will visit it, when I am back. I have never been there before, I am always interested in something new.

Right now, I am in Sihanoukville (Snooky). Here is a short update:

Transportation: The way to go from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville is by taxi or by bus. There is also a train connection, which is very cheap abut also very slow. The incident, when a train got raided in the mid 90's from the Khmer Rouge and some foreign tourists were killed, is probably still in mind. But nowadays, the main road is safe. This time I opted for the bus. The price is very reasonable (USD 3 for about 230 KM) and the busses are comfortable and safe. Travel time is about 4 hours. A private taxi is usually available for USD 25 and will probably save 1 hour.

Accommodation: If somebody is looking for real high-class accommodation, it doesn't exist in Sihanoukville. Last time, I stayed at the beach, in the Seaside Hotel in the Hun Sen Suite. This time, I wanted to stay in the city, as it is much more convenient at the night-time. In the city area are many smaller hotels and guest-houses, usually in the USD 5 - USD 15 range. Now, I am staying in the Oasis hotel, a new hotel with really hugh rooms (ceilings about 4.00 meters high) for USD 10.

Nightlife - Fishermens' Den: A popular expats and tourists bar in the heart of town, located on the roof, pool table. Usually busy in the early night and always good for an exchange of information. The owner seems to be very famous, unfortunately the last night he wasn't there but I will give it a try tonight again. Beers are USD 0.75 per glass and music is played at conversation level. A few girls are there too, but I am not sure, if they are available.

Nightlife - Blue mountain: This is a brothel district in the heart of the city. It is comparable with KM11 at its better days, but on a smaller scale. The rooms are good and the local talent is Vietnamese. Price for ST is USD5, for LT USD 20 - USD 25. This place is very popular, especially at night-time. On the way to and back to Blue Mountain are many more smaller massage salons, some with very nice looking girls.

Nightlife - Blue Marlin: This is another popular late night spot, sometimes filled with freelancers. It is basically a smaller bar with two pool tables, IMO always good for a drink before and after going to Blue Mountain.

Tonight I will visit other spots and I will give an update soon.

Its depends what girls in the Den are there. Some are available, some arent. The serving ones usually arent.

By the way say hi to the big owner - I think he might be a New Zealander now that I think about it not aussie! He should remember me as I was there during the rugby world cup with an english guy called John who was there to buy a hotel. ( and he gave me a tour one afternoon ;) )

I also stayed in the Oasis, didnt rate it though.

Archived