BEGGER SCHOOL

Got up early the other day, was walking between soi 7 toward soi 5 (just west of Thai Inn House) where I saw a Thai man teaching one of the beggers what to say in English. He was making her repeat over and over the English words and was helping her to use her hands in such a way that somebody would feel sorry for her and give more money.

Has anybody else seen such activity? Also, has anybody ever seen them delivering and picking up the beggers each day?

" Has anybody else seen such activity? Also, has anybody ever seen them delivering and picking up the beggers each day? "

Was sitting along the rail at Morning2Night on soi 4 drinking with one of the girls there. About 4pm a taxi pulls up , one elderly lady and about 5-6 kids get out. Remark from BG , " off to work "

Bada :beer: Bing

That guy is one of my favorites, pulling himself along, pushing the dish in front of him, dirth clothes, looking like he just fell on hard times hours or a day ago. I know he's been there for nearly three years (maybe more).

Its too bad tourists fall for this act, then again, I guess if they aren't hurting anything, what's the problem?

Its the beggars with babies, young childre, and puppies that concern me. I really don't care what the adults do with their time, but it doesn't seem they have the best interest of their "props" at heart when they keep them out on the street all day and into the night.

rickfarang said:

Its the beggars with babies, young childre, and puppies that concern me. I really don't care what the adults do with their time, but it doesn't seem they have the best interest of their "props" at heart when they keep them out on the street all day and into the night.

You will be happy to know that they are really cracking down on this. Putting the babies into social welfare etc. Made the thai news a few weeks ago.

Beggars are not a farang born problem. Thai beggars hang out in high traffic areas outside the 'farang ghetto' :doah: I've seen many on Ramkahmhaeng, Bang Khae flyovers, outside wats, etcetera i.e. Thai areas.

I have to agree that outside a wat is a good parking place for getting donations. Thai people fresh from a round of merit-making are generous with the baht :bow:

Sukhumvit beggars are a different lot altogether - besides being bussed in alot of the younger ones are not Thai at all, but Khmer, minority, or Burmese. However, I do know a few of the Thai ones including a handless lady. She does not get any baht from the government for her disability.

La vie se la vie...

the_numbers

Slightly off-topic but ive seen beggars crawling across

a outdoor farang restaurant begging.

Didnt see him arrive, but clearly saw him easily hop on

a motosai to leave.

Begging in many places with hi pass through traffic

is lucrative at times, anywhere.Here i remember being asked for

money by the same guy 5 times in a half hour period.

Must ask thousands of people a day.Once gave someone

a measly sum of many, he said that cant help me &

gave it back.!!

Archived