Something's In The Air--with pics

Central Scrutinizer

• 1 month later...

God dam what a great post!

>>There?s something in the air here. I don?t know how to describe it really. It?s a scent, a vibe, a shimmer of heat wavering off the tarmac. Cicadas chirrup and screech in the trees. Dust rises in small tornadoes and whips down the soi, filled with small leaves, the husks of long dead insects, and the dried petals of numerous fragrant flowers, which grow everywhere there is dirt and water enough for them to survive and set down roots to flower and seed. They are everywhere, and it?s part of the beauty of this land. There?s a smell to this land. A heady fragrance that fills the sun-burned over heated atmosphere of the land Isaan. It?s wonderful perfume is something I wish I could bottle and sell. <<

Is there anyone else in Issan that writes like that?

Right now i am in the middle of a hurricane. Litterally in the middle, the eye is thirty miles away and getting closer. I'm in a beach condo (20th floor fortunately but stuck here) watching the ocean suck away the beach which keeps shrinking by the hour. I'm just glad that I haven't lost power yet and found this great post. One day i will visit a thai village until then i have your posts :up:

• 5 months later...

Mailuk,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this. Probably meant to reply and then one of the many things these past few months distracted me long enough to forget to reply and the post sank off the front page. I have a few more to put up soon you may enjoy. Just that this tech writing class I've been taking has been kicking my ass for time and energy lately. (Just got my grade report for the second phase class and got an A/Excellent. Now off to Intermediary Tech Writing class next week.) Shitloads of homework, plus some personal stuff that has been happening has been keeping me from being relaxed enough to finish and write stories I want to do and finish.

And thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Cent

Archived