Part 5 -- ABNT -- The Conclusion

Day 7 (it is Day 7 isn’t it?) doesn’t work out as planned, which is of course the same as everyday in LOS. I never make it to the beer bars, whiling away the afternoon at Jim

Thompson’s House and then Mahboonkrong. JT’s house would have been OK, but the

experience is overtaken by a guy in our group with incredibly stinky feet (shoes off for the house tour). I can only imagine how our demure guide felt about that! MBK is a different story as I compulsively people-watch, especially in the cell phone section.

On my way back to Sukumwit, I realize that the Ekamai bus station is on the Skytrain, so I ride there to see about a bus to Ban Phe (and Ko Samet) for tomorrow. I have to ask the woman behind the window to repeat the fare three times because I can’t believe a 3 1/2 hour bus ride only costs 124 baht. Back on the Skytrain, I share some personal space with a dumpy looking, middle aged German man and his amazingly beautiful GF. She has to be the most gorgeous, sexiest looking woman I’ve seen since I arrived in LOS, which makes me wonder, who are these guys with the fanny packs?

The best possible course of action for the evening seems to be to re-mount the old Sanuk

war-horse, and ride her for all she’s worth. A week into this trip, I am no longer shocked by what I see, nor ashamed in the least by my own behavior. I have no clear idea about when this is all going to stop. I figure this is Thailand, the Thai’s are in charge, and when they see I’ve had

enough, they’ll just throw me out of the country. It occurs to me in a vague way that this is a dangerous notion, and I instinctively reach down to make sure my wallet is still in my front pocket.

Around 9, I check the Dollhouse to see if the atmosphere in there has improved since my last visit and find that it has. I am terribly thirsty though, and order water. This is received with disbelief, requests for clarification, then laughter, and soon all the girls in the place are giggling and waving at the lady-boy seated at the bar who wants to drink water. The bartender finally takes pity on me and starts to flirt, feigning disbelief in my unmarried status,

telling me I have a beautful nose?!. [Can anyone explain this business with the nose? It happened more than once & in more than one setting, but I swear the nose is perfectly ordinary] . The bartender & I talk for awhile until we’re joined by a child (uh, what’s this little girl doing in

here?) who wants to show me these heart shaped paper cut-outs she’s done and so we play with those (as the dancers swirl around naked above) Hmm, it feels a wee bit strange keeping a child amused in a go go bar.

Paper hearts aside, my little perch proves strategically sound, and lots of the grown-up girls make their way over to say hello. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, but after all we know I’m here to get laid. A pretty dancer with brown highlights in her hair flashes me a beautiful smile in passing, and it's an ingrained reflex now to reach out for her tiny waist and pull her in. The communication bit proves surprisingly easy, we end up covering a lot of ground and even commiserating with each other about various disappointments in love. Sure it’s BS on both sides, but I’m pleasantly surprised when we trip each other up a few times by asking something unexpected. 30 or 40 minutes of this goes by, and I don’t think I bought her a LD, but maybe I did. Still, as we get acquainted, I realize that this girl has been around the block a few times, and though she doesn’t seem hardened by it, she isn’t about to be taken in by my silly farang charm offensive.

Well, OK maybe taken in enough to want to leave the bar. I have to get to the bus station at 8 a.m. the next day, so I propose a ST back at my hotel. What follows is an excellent round of straight sex with a BG who likes her job enough to get off doing it --or is a good little actress -- in either case I’m impressed. After the love business, she lingers to tell me more stuff about her life and as always I struggle to de-code the meaning behind the words. By 1:30 she’s showered, dressed & ready to go but I just have to coax her back down on the bed, just once more, honey, can we please try that thing again? She goes with the flow after making a few noises about having to meet a friend, and I am grateful for her remembering the customer comes first. After round 2, she takes her 3rd shower of the evening and I offer 1300 baht as a reward for the extra effort. She accepts this without complaint, but is quick to let me know that some men give her 3000 baht for ST. I try not to laugh, tell her “you must know many rich men.”

The following day finds me on Ko Samet, all the way down at Ao Thian beach, where I’ve

trudged under a blazing sun to get away from all the backpackers and the besotted

couples, who’ve infested the island in time for my arrival. I find it disconcerting to see so many non sex-tourist farangs in one place, and this makes me realize that I’ve gone over to the other side, perhaps never to return. Still, after a very good dinner washed down by more than a few Singhas, I sit on the beach alone and try to convince myself that the loneliness I feel must mean I’m about to come full circle, that the bar girl phase will lead to a new phase of seeking out a permanent relationship. I argue with myself that the BG sex wasn’t really that good, that the girls really weren’t into it. But I really don’t know what it meant to the girls (OK I can guess) and I can’t be sure sitting in this moonlight what it means to me (or what it will mean when I get home). What really gets under my skin on Ko Samet is seeing all the Thai and especially the Thai-farang couples, they just have this air of utter contentment and imperturbability about them,

and it makes me jealous, makes me long for my own sweetheart. I chalk up this whole

sentimental interlude to sun-poisoning and, even though it’s only 10, head back to my bungalow to sleep it off.

To make a much-too-long story a little shorter, I’ll fast forward through my last 3 days, which were spent at the beach, then back in BKK for more tourist stuff, shopping, and, of course, barfining 2 more cuties (1 ST and 1 LT). This was basically more of the same, although my last girl and I still send each other silly little emails that I’m tempted to share with my friends because they’re so funny -- but I know better (& I need to stop this). My last girl told me when we met that she had a day job in the construction trade (maybe drywall?) and that it paid 200 baht a

day. When I replied I thought that wasn’t such good money she smiled and said “good for me, good for Thailand!” Who the hell can argue with that?

Like all newbies, I felt like sh*t having to leave LOS, and it’s still the first thing I think about when I get up in the morning. I’m not sure if in the final analysis this is due to all the sex I had or simply the liberating feeling of being completely thrown for a loop by a very strange place. Like TBear, I’ve stopped returning calls from a “friend” at home that I’ve occasionally hooked up with over the years. But it’s not so much that I’m down on local girls, it’s just that I’m not interested anymore in a lot of crap. For those of you who enjoy painting Western women with

the broad brush of contempt, just keep in mind that both the boys and the girls are cut from the same cloth, so perhaps you should take a hard look in the mirror? I.e., have you checked out your own fat ass lately? Anyway, I will admit that I find my country’s lack of civility truly appalling, and where once I was a skilled practitioner in the art of the blow-off, I now do my

best to make sure that everyone knows I’m a friendly sucker -- so hit me with your best shot!

Will I return? I’m sure that before long, I’ll find some excuse to spend a month -- hopefully more -- in LOS. There’s so much I didn’t do, so many places I didn’t go..perhaps someday soon I’ll just head over and never come back. After all, Thailand has some of the world’s most

amazing women :-).

Sanuk to all,

sing hah,

Let me first say I enjoyed all 5 parts you have posted on your trip. I think all of us upcoming first time newbies have gain insight to what lies ahead for us in the LOS. They say we all learn from our own experences, and some have learned from yours

Thanks again,

LeoTex smile.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Sing Hah,

Thanks for the great report!

"I’m not sure if in the final analysis this is due to all the sex I had or simply the liberating feeling of being completely thrown for a loop by a very strange place."

My sentiments exactly. I miss not having to express a thought using a 20 word vocabulary, and just floating along; not knowing where the day will take you. IMHO, the challenge of it all was as thrilling as the sex.

T

I look into the bathroom mirror and say out loud, “my God, you’ve become a sex tourist!”

I have enjoyed reading your transformation into a sex tourist. I would like to say Congratulations! you made it!

shocked.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by sing hah:

The bartender finally takes pity on me and starts to flirt, feigning disbelief in my unmarried status,telling me I have a beautful nose?!. [Can anyone explain this business with the nose? It happened more than once & in more than one setting, but I swear the nose is perfectly ordinary].

She accepts this without complaint, but is quick to let me know that some men give her 3000 baht for ST. I try not to laugh, tell her “you must know many rich men.”

Still, after a very good dinner washed down by more than a few Singhas, I sit on the beach alone and try to convince myself that the loneliness I feel must mean I’m about to come full circle, that the bar girl phase will lead to a new phase of seeking out a permanent relationship.

You have a nice nose. Just believe it. I am short, have a beard, mostly bald. That does not sound attractive. But I have been told that I am cute and sexy time after time in the USA and LOS. I have always had a gf in America and sometimes two and hsually have two in LOS. What can I say? It must be true even if I don't see it in the mirror.

Nobody is giving her 3,000 in Pattaya unless they are crazy. BGs understand the words "bull shit" which is what I would have said. With a smile.

I know you waxed philosophical while sitting alone on the beach. Those lonely times are wonderful for me. A time to get back in touch with myself, be a little nostalgic and a little melancholy. But I am always happy to see the lovers. I feel good for them and I know that soon enough I will be one too, so I don't feel deprived or depressed. I assume the "permanent relationship" you refer to is with someone from your country? Permanent is good. Marriage is bad. Not the same. Just a thought, but one which I have lived by for the last happy 20 years.

Zane May

Zane,

Thanks for your comments on my report. For the record, the BG who claimed she got 3000 baht ST was from Bangkok, not Pattaya, so I suppose it's possible someone may have paid that much.

The nose remarks I got struck me only because I can't remember being complimented on it until I got to Thailand. It's not that I don't believe in my beautiful nose, I'm just curious why they see it that way.

As far as permanent relationships go, visiting LOS has definitely softened my cynicism towards the fairer sex. I suppose this is ironic, given all the scary stuff I've read about the mercenary BGs and the Thai scene in general on this board.

But perhaps what I learned in LOS is by comparison, that we're all socialized too much in the West to idealize relationships, so we rush to judgement and forget how to have fun and be in the moment -- & this is something I found easy to do with the BKK girls, something that just occurs naturally to them. Funny the things you think you've learned from a bunch of hookers..

Anyway now I'll just enjoy the company of women, here, or in LOS, or wherever. Whether they enjoy me back is "up to them." You no doubt figured this out years ago, which explains your success in relationships, staying unmarried, etc.

Cheers smile.gif" border="0

Archived