Mia Noi 2

MrX

4 cards stacked on the table: work bar, go school, work but no sell pussy, Mia Noi.

Long ago I had signaled the 3 month expiry inscribed on the back of the last.

Late September she flipped the first.

?Why you want me dancing?? she whined more than once, conjuring autolesion.

Repulsed by the smugness of it all I told her I would never see her again. Simultaneously shivering at her reciprocal recoil.

?School I glua, no have friend, Dekserve money nitnoy, I no want work bar but what can I do??

No arguing with magisterial summation.

Her trip home had been short. Tuesday night on the bus, Wednesday, Thursday home, Friday morning Bangkok. She phoned an hour or so later, elated by the company of her 15 year old sibling. What a strange induction to the capital by his prostituted big sister I stiff falang mused.

The elder brothers hung around like flies. If that first evening we did meet, perhaps because she had run out of money, really I had slipped. She now being free to see me only when they were already amused. We laboured this change a little bit.That and the police report into the accident 1 year before clogged up the second week of October until I was seething padrone.

But the next week was free. We first met early morning at The Penny Black. Our sex those days stringing out the hours like bunting ?til I forgot I had confused possession with hire. Even so when we dropped by the Bar one evening somebody told us how just last night one of her old customers had indignantly asked ?Where is my girl?? and as we left she was accosted in the street by another. ?But I no give number? she said as if it mattered .

Late October, another week?s separation:

?When you want me dancing??

?Up to you? Watching the baleful insect steadily approaching

?I think maybe 5,? she said with an odd flutter, adding apparently without reason:

?You know I no go customer looong time, I forget? half laughing, then.

?Romp I start dancing I want to you come,? urgently

Desolate whether to agree, no longer making out the backward written runes.

Monday November 1st, after making love

?You know I tell you already 3 customer have number me. One go America, one go Chin. One stay here. I say I tired I no work .He angry me maak ma. Customer go Chin. He only take me. I never sit down he. First time I don?t know he. He say you maisabai, give money. I go home . Go see he afternoon condo Lang Suan. Boom Boom little bit. 5 minute,10 minute finish. Can stay watch TV. Up to me. I hour 2 hour He no same you. He don?t care I have customer. He want me have boyfriend. He same same puan?

I didn?t speak. A moment later

?I think he have lady already. She telephone.?

Though I knew this disclosure was dress rehearsal for the show to come, that night I couldn?t let her go. We took the subway to nowhere which didn?t disguise her uneven edges of concern and irritation.

For now only money stood between us and a feeding frenzy at the Bar. One afternoon we met at the Old Dutch not daring much intimacy

?When you dancing??

?I don?t know? a shade overemphasized

After handing over the last installment I said

?You want finish, up to you.?

?No I want you stay? hissed pneumatically

We were getting up to leave

?Where you go??

?I go bar, speak Pi Ann?

?Why? I ventured

Mute inscrutable eyes.

I let it go, moving off unfathomably gay.

?OK, telephone me? I said

Archived