Duan and you (not you, or anyone in particular)

chuckwoww

Duan is on her way out. There are things you need to discuss.

You say, ?What time will you be back??

?Not sure. Maybe meet friend.?

?Friend??

?Friend only. I working.?

?Yes Duan. I understand that. You need to pursue your chosen profession. Work is very important for maintaining mental equilibrium. But what about the future? Do you realize I love you??

?Love Duan no good. I very bad girl.?

?No Duan you are not inherently bad. You shouldn?t say that about yourself.?

Or maybe she is bad and that's why you like her. You're not sure anymore.

You watch her doing her hair, putting on her makeup This has the makings of one of those circular conversations. You feign nonchalance. She is remote. You talk but is she listening? She will leave soon anyway. Alone you will try to read. Or you will lie on the bed staring at the ceiling and tell yourself it?s Zen.

?I go now.?

Time for one quick kiss, the clack of heels and then she?s gone.

Now what? The TV is rubbish. You don?t feel like reading through her letters again. It doesn?t help. And you can?t concentrate anyway.

You have gotten very good at staring at the ceiling. You know every minute variation in fan speed every flickering nuance of the neon lighting tube. You could write a book about gecko fights.

You don?t know what you?re doing in this tiny room or how you came to move here. It makes no sense.

You try to find some humour in your situation. There is nothing funny about being stuck here every night when the woman you love is out screwing Yippuns. But you could definitely use a laugh.

She can be funny sometimes. Her laughter can melt your heart and make you love her more. Sometimes she can be a real bitch. Sometimes you aren?t really sure what you see in her. ?Need a money.? She says. Maybe it?s her attempts at using the indefinite article. Your first wife had a Ph.D.

You aren?t sure what the time is but you know it?s late. Duan has not come back yet. This is not unusual. Sometimes she's out all night. Nothing prepared you for loving a whore.

Your money is nearly all gone. You hope she lets you stay.

Sometimes you aren?t really sure what you see in her. ?Need a money.? She says. Maybe it?s her attempts at using the indefinite article. Your first wife had a Ph.D.

::

Hope you will have more about duan and me. I kind of like her. She works hard it sounds like. Think she can fall for a freeloader?

I like Duan too

She is a star

I like the narrator too

I think he has got balls

He is honest and laconic, just

I want to know about him and her

Post more and fuck it...imagination rules!

Dont let the bitches grind you down

and especially the rough diamonds too

Aaaargh........

I know her. At least i'm sure I know her, actually, I think I lived with her. But I thought her name was Nok....

Nice one, Chuckwow!

Congratulatiuons Mr Rompandadam, I think you've actually created a new writing style. No doubt in 50 years time this will be a part of the English literature curriculum on all Secondary schools.

No greater compliment then being satirised in your own style.

I found a diamond once

Raised her out of the mine

Concealed her in pregnant

expectations

And rolled her in my heightened

covetousness

But the pit remained in her

And i am not a diamond

Though man can not keep what he finds

The stone remains, forever

Back to you gentleman ::

Well I think a bit of Romp's style has rubbed off on me. I hope so. I can't compete with some of his phrases but I like using shorter sentences.

I'm not a Kiwi. I was born in England but I've lived in the US and Canada. I happened to be in Auckland once for a few days. It was OK but I liked Rotorua better. :)

It aint no competition mate...I will die defending co-operation...Actualy I hope not!

Also fine phrases do not a story make. What you have put up recently has overall; form, grace and a voice. Phosphorescent phrases are just pyrotechnics without those qualities... All IMHO of course

Archived