Lots of teaching jobs available April and May?

Hello,

I occassionally check the BKK Post for the availability of English-teaching jobs. There seems to be a lot of schools that 'urgently require' teachers right now. I recall reading a few months ago that in Thailand, the school year goes from June to March, so that April and May is the holiday period - equivalent to July and August here in North America.

Anyway, if all the above is correct, does this mean that April and May are good times for a newbie to be looking for an English teaching job in BKK? When the demand is greatest, so even someone with limited experience can pick and choose among several job offers?

JG

Hi Joe,

Yes, this time of year is very good for picking up work once the Thais have got all those April and early May holidays out of the way.

I get asked this question quite a lot and really the only bad times for teachers looking for work are late November to mid January and of course April isn't too great.

www.bangkokmouth.com

Hi,

I think it depends a lot on if you are an English teacher or just want to teach English. If you are just looking for a teaching job I am sure you can find one at anytime of the year but the good jobs do come up in April and May.

Archived