Why do fools fall in love?

Originally posted by PartOfTheProblem:

"What is different in BKK? I would say most of love struck guys are the same bunch of naive yokels; most have no clue or experience with prostitution back home, and many will fall in love with the first girl that is nice to them..."

I am a sophisticated lover and I know women well. I have had one or two girlfriends in America ever since I can remember. I have had a great love life and sex life.

I am just back in the US after 15 weeks in LOS. I know that the women in LOS come to Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket to make money. Coming in I thought that the 4 F's (find, feel, fuck, forget) was the best approach to the women in Thailand.

But I have an open mind and an open heart. I let things in to effect me. There are people who cry over movies and there are people who don't. I always bring Kleenex. I feel sorry for the people who "stay above it."

So, in spite of what I know about the women of LOS, in spite of what I told myself about getting too attached...

May 20, 2001

(Excerpt) Later I called my girlfriend in Bangkok. In spite of so many reasons not to, and in spite of trying not to, I have fallen in love with her. I have fallen in love with her need to be loved. I love to sleep with her because she needs to be slept with and she loves to sleep with me.

The last time I was with her things really came together for us. I have a lot of distractions that keep me from thinking about her too much when I am in Pattaya, but when I do...God, I really miss her!! Tonight I call her at a little bar she frequents - luckily I catch her. "Hello Sweetheart, how are you?" "No good!" she says. "What's wrong?" "Cannot sleep." Oh my! I am so happy! Teddy bear - it's a dirty job but I will do it! "I am coming in three days to sleep with you," I tell her. "Good, good!" she says with so much joy in her voice!"

May 26, 2001

My plane leaves for the US in a matter of hours but Lady B and I are in a state of bliss. Happy with each other, sad to be parting, glad to be in love. One of our main points of compatability is that we both love horizontal hugs. I am "keng," a master of this art, and she has been my finest student. After we make love on my last night, we find each other in the dark. I surround her with my body for a long while. I roll over and she fits into my back. For the ultimate closeness and a kind of gravity massage, I lay on my stomach and she lays on top of me. She kisses my back, settles her head on my shoulder blade and we fall asleep. I drift off into a warm sex dream.

Have you noticed this phenomenon? Every once in awhile a Thai girl who usually struggles so badly with English will come out with a perfect senctence. Usually to say something important. A few days ago, when I got out my camera in a restaurant to take her picture, she resisted: "You want to take pictures of all the women you sleep with!" So blunt and painful. My face changed like a baby who is going to cry. I was wounded and a few tears did come. "You are DIFFERENT! Don't you know that?" She saw my heart because it was in front of her and she knew. She knew before but she knew better now.

The next night she spoke another perfect sentence. After a very happy day together laughing and talking together in our broken language, she told me something for the first time: "I love you SO much!" Such sweet words from a girl who is very reserved about expressing feelings. For my part, I tell her I love her all the time. Tonight I told her: "Before I come here I tell myself, 'No fall in love with Thai lady. Fall in love with a Thai lady stupid!" With a big smile and a laugh, she zinged me, "Now you stupid!" "Yes," I said, "Stupid but happy. Very happy!"

The time comes, but there are no tears. How can joy be sad and sadness be joyful? I put the last few things in my bag. She has never asked me for money or said anything about what I give her which is not much. We go downstairs. She speaks to the taxi driver for me, I kiss her cheek and get in. "I'll see you, love." I don't look back as we drive away.

Now I am here with Girlfriend America pressed against me. She has asked me all about LOS and my girlfriends. She is happy to look at the photos of Lady B. She is not threatened by a cute 30 year old far away. I will stay here and love her now and in September I will be back in BKK, the stupid farang once more. Stupid but happy.

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Zane May ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by luckyfarang:

[QB]

Never say never! There is such a wide variety of girls working BKK that you can't really generalize about them. Your perfect lady may be waiting around the next corner!/QB]

Well said Lucky! I would rather get my heart broken by a thousand Thai BG's than waste my time with an American girl. At least you are almost guaranteed to have a good time in the process!

Hopelessly Hooked,

- Fly Boy

I have to admit I've given up on American girls. Sure there are some great girls here, but if I face reality I must face the fact that every passing day I have less and less of a chance of getting a girlfriend here that is anything approaching my exotic tastes and high standards. I'll still leave open the possibility, of course. Even the skinny girls here are fat, and their expectations are way too high. So my time, money and effort will be better spent hunting in LOS, I think.

It is unfortunate that it takes extreme poverty to bring about a situation where a simple display of natural male sexuality is considered acceptable and even PC, and to make available sexy young companionship at a reasonable price. It should be that way in farangland, too, but there's too much money in circulation. Even the dirt poor in the states have an old refrigerator, car and a roof over their heads.

The saddest thing to me are the guys that need someone to replace their mothers. Those are the ones that really get scammed because they will have a high threshold for her bullshit. They will convince themselves that she is different from all the rest and really does care for them despite some of her little quirks like, oh I don't know, say stepping out to fuck other farangs and other minor "character flaws". I like to call it the "my girl is different from the others" syndrome. By the timed they come around they will have already been completely fucked over.

I think it is more than just poverty. I've been to several other impovershed nations and the women and/or hookers are nothing like Thailand. The PI comes close, but I never really felt as safe and comfortable over there as I do in LOS.

I sometimes wonder why so many farang men want to take their girl out of the bar. If all the girls found farangs to take them out of the bars then where would we all be?

About American chicks, the thing I dislike most about them is that they think they know what the world is like. They think they are the world authority on what is good or bad, right or wrong, fair or unfair. There is nothing I hate more than an American who feels sorry for his or herself. You and I know how much worse it can be.

Just a few of my thoughts...

- Fly Boy

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: FlyBoy ]

Archived