Bangkok Dangerous remake

chuckwoww

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally, I'm totally fed up with hollywood and their fucking "remakes," isn't there anyone out there with an original idea any more? and how can a movie starring nicholas cage be a "remake" of bangkok dangerous (even if the pang bros...who by the way are hong kong chinese who chose to work in thailand...are making it)?? the original was about a mute thai assassin. is cage going to play that role?

nicholas cage: good actor, but very poor at choosing good material. that "lord of war" movie was so wretchedly bad. and "con air"?! I call that "movie most likely to be blaring at full volume (dubbed in thai) on a thai inter-provincial bus"...am I right? anyone else been there? haha.

and yes, there are good thai movies out there, just like there are good american, british, french, etc. movies, but they're in the minority...the majority of what comes out everywhere is crap.

the thai "new wave" stuff is quite good, made by a core group of directors who came up in the industry together and cut their teeth making TV commercials (now that's one area in media where the thais excel...some really creative commercials out there!): people like Wisit Sasanathieng ("Tears of the Black Tiger," "Citizen Dog"), Pen Ek Ratanaruang ("Monrak Transistor," "Last Life in the Universe"), Nonzee Nimibutr ("Nang Nak," "Okay Betong")...and the really avant garde one, Apichatpong Weerasetakul ("Mysterious Object at Noon," "Tropical Malady")...some really quality stuff out there. but their output usually ends up dead in the water in thai theaters, with a few exceptions...

preahko

oh, and here's another [dubious] claim to fame for Mr. Cage: along with "Brrritanyy" and "Pamelaa" (Anderson), he's one of a handful of Western celebrities who is identified in Cambodian pop culture magazines solely by his first name ("Nikolah"). go figure.

preahko

Archived