Sanuk in London

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai Square, just off Trafalgar Square, who goes there. Thais mostly, not to sure if they will always let you in if a farang, certainly got thatimpression but if you go with Thai friends or look respectable and speak to them in Thai no problem.

Stacks of Thai Birds but also lots of Thai Blokes, where the hell they come from I dont know it cant just be a few imported cooks and waiters.

Of course there is always the crooked Thai MP's I suppose they make up the numbers.

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Glenn ]

quote:

Originally posted by spirit_of_town_hall:

Hi Roger, I have to agree with you on that one. I went to Uni In Nottingham lived in Lenton. The rumour of 2 girls to one lad in Nottingham seems to be just that a rumour although the girls are friendly.

The Lace market is Wine barred up now and full of pretentious wankers.

Go down to Via Fossas on the canal, Roger I can imagine you at what was called MGM, am I wrong

Hahaha...Went to MGM once..didn't really like it. Used to live in Lenton myself for about a year. I worked in a Photography studio behind the Notts County Football ground. Used to spend my nights in The Three Wheatsheafs...next to the Rolls-Royce dealers. Great pub, a mix of student and nurse girls, some great parties. I lived in the flats directly opposite the pub and it took me all of 37 seconds from my front door to the bar!!

I will be back in the area in a few months and will check the place out.Not been to the lace market for about five years, and from what you say it must have gone right downhill

Is Via Fossas the pub on the lock, near Siansburys?? I used to go in there but it was called something different back then.

Cheers

Roger

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Roger ]

Hi Roger,

Thats right Via Fossas is very near Sainsburys right by the canal. From Spring till about Sept its nice sitting out drinking. They have developed that area now and there are a number of bars, the surrounding old mills are now executive apartments.

Lenton would you believe is also improved, that monstrosity 17/21 Lancers that used to act as a hub for scallies is gone and a number od bars have opened up on Lenton Boulivard.

As regards the Thai night club I will bowl down there, dont think I stand a cat in hells chance of enrty though.

STH

If you guys are from Notts then you must know Rock City and the infamous Rig (for a pig). All it costs for a shag in there is the price of two bottles of Hooch. Qausimodo could score in there.

OffQuay.

ps. The Orchid Express was always one of my favourite night out experiences! cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by spirit_of_town_hall:
Hi Off Quay, Yes I know Rock City well and Orchid, I think the Orchid is called something else now!!

Here i go again, nostalgia!!! Is The Orchid Express what used to be known as The Black Orchid?? It was on an industrial estate near the Tv Studios....used to be full of towny slappers, went to a few stag do's there. I am quite looking forward to having a look around Notts again, sounds like its changed alot... Cheers

Roger

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: Roger ]

Archived