Phillipines???

LACutter

I'm thinking about making the Phillipines my next trip and have looked at the Angeles Board. But Angeles appears to be all go-go bars and really enjoy the variety of places like the Soi 33 bars, Pegasus and Piano Bar and even the freelance discos like Angels and Hardrock. Can anyone recommend the best city in the Phillipines for these types of places?

Sir, I'm no expert, but I've been to Angeles City several times in the past couple of years. Also, I've traveled to Baguio City, Davao City, Lucena City, and several places in the southern island of Mindanao.

For me, Angeles is difficult to beat. In almost any city in the PI, you can find what you're looking for, but Angeles, like NEP, caters to the entertainment crowd. There are several decent websites out there that will describe the situation much better than I can (balibago.com; theville.com).

In my humble opinion, I find the following general differences in the entertainment venues of LOS and Angeles (AC):

1. To barfine a lady in AC, the price is usually 1,000 pisos (currently about 50 pisos to the USD). That price appears to be fairly standard for bars in the Balibago area (main entertainment area) of Angeles. That 1,000 pisos is for LT or ST, something you negotiate with the gal or mamasan, but it's generally accepted that you have the lady for the entire evening for that price. No tip or additional expense is mandatory, but many usually tip 100 pisos or treat the lady to breakfast, or both.

2. The quality of the AC girl, IMHO, is not quite as good as LOS. Of course, there are exceptions.

3. Most AC girls are proficient in the English language. If the lady is from a remote province, her language skills may be limited.

I enjoy trying to communicate with the ladies before, during, and after the sexual liaison. For me, this is a superior aspect to the LOS scene where English skills are much less common (until I learn Thai, of course).

4. You will rarely, if ever, see the ladies dancing totally nude or even topless. It's shunned by the locals.

5. Currently, I'm communicating with a nice lady from one of the more popular bars. She has commented that business is very slow in AC right now, primarily due to Muslim rebels kidnapping caucasians (not near AC, but in Mindanao), and other publicized political upheaval in the PI. Also, it's the low season.

I hope this assists you. Feel free to drop me a line.

GOOD LUCK and enjoy the Life!

teacherwannabe

Archived