Late November Bangkok, Early December Pattaya

FrostFire

Hey skatduder,

Im actually arriving on the 2nd as well. Im on the Thai flight direct from JFK.. 17 hours!!! but sure beats going through california and tokyo. I'll stay in Bangkok for a few days, then maybe to Pattaya for a couple days before going to Phuket. I prefer Phuket, (see above post) over Pattaya, but I still like Pattaya for a short trip. Seems to be a couple guys coming in, (Frosty etc.) so hopefully our paths can cross.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/agree

My flight is (total) 29.5 hours :(

21.17 of that is on the same darn plane (not sure if we will be getting off in Tokyo or not... Hope so... will need a good stretch after that first leg).

How long does it usually take to get thru customs in Bkk? If I arrive at 11:40pm, what time would I likely be out of the airport? Just curious... Never been thru customs, so it will be a new experience lol.

Frosty

In my past trips, I usually get through customs quite quickly. A few of my trips I was on business class, so that helps also as your were first in line. Try to get a seat toward the front of the plane. Those 747's have like 400 people on them.. Ive take Northwest/ united a few times.. Tough flight. That tokyo to bangkok is brutal. Its seems to be ALWAYS full, and its almost 7 hours if I'm not mistaken. Usually I would get to the hotel around 1am.. quick shower , out the door to Nana parking lot, which is usually loaded with girls as the everything closes. Pick up a cutie, and head across the street to one of the many outside eating stalls. Its a great scene to watch. I can't wait for touch down in Bkk!!

I have taken the NWA and United flight too. Couple of hour lay over in Narita. I remember the first time. I went to a stall in the head to change clothes or something. I still remember the stainless trough in the floor. I couldn't figure it out, no knobs to turn water on and no hole. WTF ? I hear you can rent a room for a quick shower. Maybe next time I'll try it.

This time I'm on Korean, transfer in Incheon, Korea the new airport(3hr). Coming back there is a 9hr layover. Still havn't figured out what to do on that one. They have a massage service and a shower room. Wonder if its with a happy ending ?

I leave Thursday noon and get in after midnight Friday, (Sat 1a/m).

My first trip to thailand from New york about 6 years ago, I took coach on Northwest. I actually used that shower in Narita. I think it cost 4 dollars to shower.. Well worth it. On the way back the flight was completely filled, and I had a middle seat. Torture!! After the 30 hour trip back to Ny, my back was out, and I could barely walk. It took 4 shots of cortizone to knock the inflamtion out. Since then , I usually use miles and get business. I went EVA once in economy deluxe, that was a big step from coach, and not much more money.

• 2 weeks later...

Coach, Skatduder,

Just wanted to update this topic.. I will be arriving bkk at about midnight the morning of the 1st (Friday), and staying until at least the 4th... I do have some plans the first weekend, but am sure we could figure something out if ya'all still want to catch a beer or 3.

I leave Wed. morning at 6am... 30 hours in flights total :( (CST).

Update this thread if you want to set something up for the night of the 2nd or 3rd...

Frosty

Hey Frosty, skater

I will be arriving around 5pm on the 2nd.. Ill be staying at the marriott, which is right next to nana hotel where your staying. email me here: if you want to give me your exact contact info

brasil10s at hotmail Im meeting a monger /friend on the 2nd, but the more the merrier, another american from Calif. The 3rd works too.. Ill be staying in Bangkok till at least the 6th.. then either to pattaya for a couple days.. then to Phuket.. I still havent decided if I want to swing by Pattaya before going to Phuket. Ill play it by year. For your flight.. Get some Ambien, and a window seat.. Ambien are life savers for the long hauls.. helps you sleep.

Archived