Cultural Marriages in LOS

Ongchaiyai

Thailand is fast becoming the land full of foreign son-in-laws, with the number of cross-cultural marriages rising at around 10 per cent a year. But they don't always live happily ever after.

Link http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstories/topstories.php?id=120071

Looks like the Thai ladies are on the rough-end of the stick - (yeah :smirk: )

Looks like the Thai ladies are on the rough-end of the stick - (yeah :smirk: )

It is 100 times easier for an educated western man with financial means to f**k over an uneducated and poor thai woman then it is the other way around. :( Besides the horrible and often unavoidable cases of violence and murder against a farang husband, you almost have to be half wit to be seriously scammed by a thai lady.

The story of Em, who was abandoned by her english husband is a 100 times worse than losing some money or a home over a divorce. She lost her daughter, and for a loving parent, that is worse than hell. Really, that is not a thing to joke about! :thumbdown:

A girl from my wife's village was married to a German asshole. He took her on holiday to Thailand, took her passport, ticket and child back to Germany and left her in Thailand to rot. My wife build her a shack at the end of her land plot, so she could at least have a place to stay.

Abondonment of uneducated foreign women is a big, big problem in western society, and not only with thai women. There are lots and lots off lowlife scumbags who know how to play it "smart" and get a house slave for a couple of months/years and then trade her in for a younger model. I would gladly execute the cowardly sociopathic bastards who rip apart families for their selfish pleasures. :rip:

Wow...youre really taking the Thai side here...remember,there are always two sides to the story...perhaps we should ask what led the husband to dump the Mrs. back in Thailand,we all know how some of these lasses behave once they get to Farangland...

I don't believe for one minute the girls are all saints. I am sure a lot of those marriages are miserable for both sides. To abuse your relative power though(money, education, spousal visa) to dump your lady during a holiday and kidnap her child, is inexcusable in my eyes. Would like to hear what behaviour in your eyes warrants these kinds of actions, because I come up blank here. :dunno:

Why not settle it as adults, get a proper divorce and try to get custody for your children?

A successful/failed attempt to cut his dick off pops into mind.. or any of such violent/murderous acts.

Why not settle it as adults, get a proper divorce and try to get custody for your children?

In general this is definitely the way to go :up:

In general this is definitely the way to go :up:

It certainly is not!!!! In the west the man has about a 1% chance to get the kid and then he is stuck with weekend visitation rights for the rest of his life.

The guy was doing the child a favour, it will now be raised in a far nicer environment than it would have been raised back in Thailand.

The guy was doing the child a favour, it will now be raised in a far nicer environment than it would have been raised back in Thailand.

Why's that?

There's a whole lot more to raising kids than just the 'nice' environment and financial security.

The guy may very well have been the source of their conflicts. What do you know how good a father he is and the shortcomings of the child's mom if any?

We know way too little to assume the quoted text.

Archived