Cheap Beer and Big Hooters!

I'd just like to recommend the New Wave Pool Bar on soi 7. They sell a big bottle of "black Tiger" beer for 80 (yes you heard right!) baht. In addition there are 4 pool tables, staffed by gorgeous gals. Best of all there is one freelancer there who has a nice big set of bristols. All in all, a sure fire winner.

Cheers

Jaga

We were there a couple of weeks ago, nice bar in general, with OK girls.

Our drinking was spoiled by an "incident" in the shop next door. Guy walks into the store, pulls out a gun from a bag and puts two bullets in the head of the (lady) store owner. Awful mess, lots of screaming, guy just walks out & disappears. Apparently she had borrowed money and not repaid...

I know this happens a lot in Bangkok, just a shock though to see it at close quarters

The "shooter" was a pool-playing acquaintance of mine named "Mic" - a Singaporean Chinese. His girlfriend (effectively his wife) ran the little clothing store, and the lady he shot was his GF's mother. Mic stopped playing pool at New Wave about five months ago, so I was out of touch. I understand he did manage to exit Thailand and return to Singapore before the Thai authorities could react. 'Not sure what his status is now. But - this was more of a case of domestic violence than a case of loan enforcement (although I understand that money pressure was involved somehow).

At any rate, this event was a freak occurrence, and has nothing to do with the typical environment at New Wave.

First poster - if the lady you were referring to plays great pool, signs in as R***, and has trademark high arching eyebrows, then I know her very well. A few years back, she was an exotic dancer in Stuttgart and Amsterdam. And everything you see on her is 100% real - no surgical enhancement. Best body I've ever had the privilege to be close to. And she's putting her 21 year old son through college.

Cheers!

Bangkok Butterfly

I remember last summer, I went into the New Wave Bar for the first time. It was mid-afternoon and I had just come back from a lot of walking around downtown. Only thing on my mind was to have a beer and relax a bit. There were a couple of ladies playing at the billiards tables, and I started watching them play. For some reason, I found it really erotic, the way they would slink around the table, bending over to take shots. Really took my breath away, more than any show I saw in the go-go bars.

JG

Archived