Calls from outside Thailand to One-2-Call phone

Just a quick note: inbound calls from outside Thailand to a One-2-Call mobile in Thailand work just fine, despite AIS claims otherwise. Just did it several times last week.

I bought a Philips mobile phone in Bkk last November with AIS one-two call and was never able to receive calls from USA, although I have heard from others that received calls with no problem. One person told me the Philips would not receive the calls, but another mobile brand (Siemens) would.

Who knows?

Important about call to mobiles in Thailand..

Yoyu find an area code depending on where the phone was signed up for....zero and a number like 02 in Thailand you must use the zero...From outside Thailand drop the zero

so it will be 66-2 and the number 66 Thai Country Code, 2 area code and the number....also some places still have six digits rather than seven....

"Yoyu find an area code depending on where the phone was signed up for....zero and a number like 02 in Thailand you must use the zero...From outside Thailand drop the zero

so it will be 66-2 and the number 66 Thai Country Code, 2 area code and the number....also some places still have six digits rather than seven.... "

Um, no. Mobile phones are always area code 1 or 9 regardless of where the buyer signed up for service or bought the phone and no land line phone has either of these area codes. Also, places that have 6 digit numbers usually have 2 digit area codes (such as 038), keeping the total digit count constant (not sure if this is *always* the case -- anyone want to comment?).

And, on top of that, the scheme for numbers in Bangkok (02) was recently changed; technically the area code for the numbers in Bangkok is now 0 (but it's still dropped when dialled from abroad) and the first digit of the now 8-digit number is 2.

One-2-call have a big advert in the Bangkok Post today announcing that you can now MAKE international calls using the regular 001 prefix! Now your abandoned girlfriends will never have an excuse for not contacting you!!

As far as I can tell, from the website (http://www.one-2-call.com) the rates are B36 per minute to the UK and B22 to the US, but it isn't that clear to me. Those numbers are printed next to the countries but there are no qualifying units, maybe they are just call regions or something. Anyone know for sure?

LG

Yes, but it just says 'Rate enquiry', it doesn't say 'Baht per minute', just a number. I wondered if they hadn't really sorted it out yet and this was a number you needed to quote for your region to get a price from their call centre or something.

Can't understand why they wouldn't quote those prices in their advertising - B22 per minute to the US or Australia seems quite good to me.

LG

Archived