Charity Shield

chelseafan

entertaining game.

30 minutes into the game and MU were on fire but slowly lost it.

Chelsea were the better team after that.

but Chelsea's 2nd goal was a talking point.

Ballack definately took Evra out the game in a very cynical way.

the ref waved play on as MU had the ball but within 20 seconds Chelsea had scored.

there is an unwritten law that says if a player is injured then the other team stops play.

Chelsea were 'maybe' unsporting in this respect and carried on playing.

only Evra will know how badly he was hurt but he could have been lying on his back after swallowing his tongue while the ref and Chelsea players 'could' have prevented him getting important treatment.

but an astute pass by Giggs set up Rooney for a sublime finish to ensure pens.

but Chelsea proved better and stopped MU becoming the 1st team to win the CS 3 years in a row.

when Evra missed his god-awful attempt my Mum said she could have done better hopping on one leg and blindfolded.

i had to agree with her and she's 70........

Sayjann,

Last thing I heard players should continue playing unless ref stops the game. I think that's a good thing, as too many interruptions can kill a game.

The Man U players should've known better.

Rooney's goal was clearly offside, so a little lucky there.

Spots kicks were just terrible. Like a bunch of amateurs.

Chelsea deserved the win but it's pretty much a meaningless cup anyhow.

Looking forward to the new season.

Sayjann,

Last thing I heard players should continue playing unless ref stops the game. I think that's a good thing, as too many interruptions can kill a game.

The Man U players should've known better.

Rooney's goal was clearly offside, so a little lucky there.

Spots kicks were just terrible. Like a bunch of amateurs.

Chelsea deserved the win but it's pretty much a meaningless cup anyhow.

Looking forward to the new season.

i totally agree Chelsea deserved to win and that MU's pens were poor and playing to the whistle is must.

it's just double standards by the refs which annoys people.

Ballack fakes injury and gets a free-kick but Evra gets nothing when obviously fouled(yes the ref played advantage)but you never know how serious an injury is.

and the ref had a perfect view.

watching the game again it was remarkable how often play was stopped when Ballack was touched or even looked at...........

you think Rooney was offside but i'm not sure.

not obvious,very tight decision.

years ago the rule was changed so that the attacking team should be given the advantage when attacking.

that rarely happens and good to see it when a forward plays on the shoulder of the last defender.

yes it is a meaningless game but means so much to the charities who benefit from the game.

Sayjann,

I agree the ref was a little inconsistent.

And perhaps the Man U players stopped playing in the hope the ref would change his call and check on Nani.

Rooney seemed just off but it was very close. More often than not the linesman will put the flag up.

Hoping for a good season!

:beer:

Archived