We All Know Who It Is ...

gobbledonk

This is the same media that was happy to pass on scuttlebutt re Michael Jackson and various alleged victims, down to naming the children involved, before he had even been dragged into court (the first time). Granted, things get very public when someone starts a civil case seeking millions, but my point is that they weren't prepared to wait for a guilty verdict or even for Jackson to be charged by the Police.

Sad state of the media, indeed.

In the UK they are about to introduce a ban on naming suspects in a criminal investigation.Should put a stop to " Trail by tabloid ".This follows a case in Bristol where the police took a guy in for questioning who looked a bit of a weirdo.The press picked this up and gave it a lot of publicity,made his life quite difficult for a while.It later transpired he had nothing to do with the crime.

In the UK they are about to introduce a ban on naming suspects in a criminal investigation.Should put a stop to " Trail by tabloid ".This follows a case in Bristol where the police took a guy in for questioning who looked a bit of a weirdo.The press picked this up and gave it a lot of publicity,made his life quite difficult for a while.It later transpired he had nothing to do with the crime.

i've always disagreed with the accused being named until being proven guilty.

a man accused of sex crimes can be found innocent but everyone knows who he is and his life may not be the same afterwards.

unlike the 'victim/s' who are rarely named and can get on with their lives afterwards.

if i was found completely innocent of anything because people accusing me had lied and been found out i will still be seen in a different light by my peers because of the accusations...........mud sticks.

Archived