Army Plan To Clean Up Public Transport Abuses

Flashermac

Different people, perhaps, but yes, many rich people, there's corruption and abuse of power by all parties who have enjoyed power in Thailand. (Different people except Newin... he was able to play both sides, albeit consecutively rather than concurrently...). And redshirt violence has been abhorrent, no doubt. And I've never been a fan of Thaksin (I could even trot out an anti-Thaksin oped I wrote for the Bangkok Post some time ago, before becoming convinced that the anti-Thaksin, anti-populist forces are the greater evil.... and the BP and Nation their moutpieces...). For me, the "difference" is in the reality that the populists have been elected in every election in recent memory, and will be elected again and again if elections are permitted. The others are an anti-democratic force that prefers the voices of the Thai people are ignored, and they enforce this through use of the military and influence in the administrative and judicial institutions. That's the difference, to me.

Given the sensitivity of these issues, I'll stop with my comments on these particular issues, as one never knows...

Peace! YimSiam

For me, the "difference" is in the reality that the populists have been elected in every election in recent memory, and will be elected again and again if elections are permitted.

The art of right-wing politics is to persuade the have-nots to vote for the haves. I don't suppose there will be an election until the higher-ups thinks they can do this.