JP's Newbie Trip pt. 4

jpellet

Sorry about my last post I thought I had deleted my first message. This is how it was supposed to be. You are wrong about me sticking up for him because he is my son; I am doing it because you don't know him and I do. I would do the same for anyone that was being unfairly accused. If I believed what you said was the truth I would be on your side, but it?s not. I have taught my son to respect all people and he is probably better at it than I am. He is on his second tour in Korea and I saw him and how he treats people there two years ago. You pick a few words someone has written and make a life judgment about them. From what I have read on this site I don't think that the majority of the people that post here degrade women, as you would like to think. You talk about what they make but from what I have read they make more than the average worker. I don?t know why you picked my son to get on your soapbox about but you just picked the wrong person.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<<I paid for a guide, a companion, a translator, a lover and a gifted actress,and I got all of these for less than $US 50 per day ? Tell me where I can get that sort of bargain anywhere else in the world ? >

no problem,you can find that in the philippines,indonesia,cambodia,laos,cuba and and and,even for less than that.

f.e.,the going rate for a dancer in angeles city is 1000 pesos lt,barfine included,which is less than 20 $.it looks to me that you are on of this dudes,who failed to realise that money has a different value in different

countries in this world,based on prices in your own country.guys like you will argue in several years that it is still great value for money in los,

because it is 10 % cheaper than in the us.

stay tuned,

cyberbeno4

<<I was trying to figure out the life of a bargirl and what they go through. These are my conclusion from reading this board for awhile.>>

it would be better imo to get your conclusion from real life experience than from reading second hand news on a internet message board,it may prevent you from spreading around wrong facts.you wrote:

<<Wages are negotiated at each and every transaction. Payment is delivered when client determines when and if services have been rendered to his satisfaction.>>

far away from the truth.i never negotiated the price upfront and girls seems to be happy with what i gave them.a good indicator for that isn't a smile or a khop kun ka the next day,but if the girl is happy to go with you again you

can be sure you've paid the right amount of baht.the amount of money is not reduced because the expectations were't satisfied,punters will just choose another girl next time.btw,if you underpay the girl,the whole bar(if not the whole plaza) will knew it the next day and nobody will go with you again.

<<Futhermore they can't complain about their life or tell the guys too much about who they really are because it interferes with the fantasy just like this post is doing so I'm sure to get blasted for these observations>>

lol,you really crack me up with this one.i've heart endless lifestories during my travelles in the last 14 years to los from the girls,appreciate or not.even from girls i never went with or girls i knew only for a couple of days.really nice observation you made,i doubt you've ever set a foot into the los.

mpellet wrote:

<<My son failed to mention that he paid for the entire day and evening the second night.>>

normaly this should exlain everything,but after this statement you were accusing his son again to take advantage of the girl.i think you should read the posts more carefully before insulting somebody.

<<They're human beings just like you ...>>thanks for information,is that another result of your "observations"in cyberspace?

stay tuned,

cyberbeno4

Do you mean agree the fee beforehand or actually hand over the baht beforehand?Most of the time I agree a mininum fee before I take her out and and stipulate that if she,s really dirty she,ll get more.This way seems to produce the desired results!

CyberPunk,

I'm not going to get into this with you - the debate regarding 'What is a fair price for act ABC ?' has waged on this board repeatedly, certainly since I joined and, doubtless, many times before that.

The tone of your post indicates that you paid the girls what you felt was a fair amount and that they were happy with that. The original post concerned a girl who, by the authors admission, was not happy. No amount of argument will sway me from my position that punters and girls should negotiate the price upfront, but thats just my OPINION.

I don't know how long the traditional "up to you" attitude will survive when it seems that more and more the culturally incesitive types are choosing to travel the well worn paths of Thailand.

Girls getting stiffed by guys who think their that special or that the girls are just whores to be used and abused is likely to change the way things are done in the long run.

Well, I can clearly see understand the father/son's view on this whole issue and I also understand how the others think. I guess the debate can go on forever, however, the true essence is to really take some time to understand more about Thailand, how the industry works around here, and also take the BGs into consideration, especially if they are providing good companionship before setting foot into the country. Throughout all my trips (once every two months), never do I negotiate with the BGs on the FEE issue nor do any of the BGs had any bad feeling of me paying not enough. The reason why, is to have what other people called, common sense. Know the market rates and pay them accordingly, or better if they perform up to par. Never take advantage of them if the fees were not discussed up front and end up paying them what one think is reasonable. Show some respect for the BGs are truly the less fortunate ones.

I think most people here would agree that your son paid too little for what he got. The big issue might be whether there was any deliberate attempt to be cheap or you just paid what you both thought was a fair amount.

While jp and mp certainly know a lot about the going rates (more than most tourists), it is still a very complicated equation. I find girls like this one the hardest to read and their compensation is all over the map. My personal opinion from his account was that jp was not trying to rip the girl off, but was deliberately trying to pay on the low end so she would leave him alone. From his perspective this was a party girl who enjoyed being with him which clouds how much she should get paid; you can't just put a price on each shag. He probably honestly thought that if he gave her 3000 or more that she would hound him for the rest of their stay. That's not a reason to cheat someone, but it is not a completely unjustified reason to pay on the low end.

The biggest red flag for me however, was actually the total amount that the girl cleared from two days of "work"; it sounds like the girls spent a decent sum, buying beers, hard alcohol, etc. It may be the girl ended up with only 1000B; even though jp and mp payed more than their fair share of the bar bills, the girls can't afford to be so loose with their money (it's an investment on their part). Again, this is probably not through any malice or cheapness from jp and mp, just that they have a different perspective.

Usually I err on the side of overpaying. Only once have I ever thought I payed a girl too much, but I have several times regretted not being more generous.

Archived