I'm Fighting for YOUR Baht !!

zanemay

I think it is good that there are people like zanemay letting us know that we have a choice to spend less and still get good sex. Some might say, "why fly over 6000 miles for a vacation to be a "cheap charlie". I say, what the hey, if you can get more f*@k for the buck, go for it. Pay less get more. Party On Dudes!

[color:purple]

I say it is all relative, if I could party like a rock star and pay US$1000+ per chick then I would(yes rock stars do pay for pros for those of you who don't know). A guy pays what he wants to pay within reason of the girls asking price.

There may be a "market" price for P4P but realistically it is all relative. So this whole fight for MY baht thing is a load of crap. The only baht the poster is fighting for is his.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are too shy or too PC, go ahead, pay too much! Up to you.

There is no such thing as paying too much and it doesn't have squat to do with being PC.

PC is a term that has been blown way out of proportion and abused. The purpose of PC was to combat the "LANGUAGE" of sexism, racism, and ageism. Once the media and right wing conservatives got a hold of it they twisted and ridiculed it to the point where the true spirit has been lost and it is now a joke or has a negative connotation.

Paying too much is relative to your means and/or set of principles. Like I said in a previous post a guy pays what he wants in relation to the girls asking price. Ultimately he has to be satisfied with what he pays

I know BG's that would sleep with me for free but charge you 2000bt. Are you paying too much?

"I know BG's that would sleep with me for free but charge you 2000bt. Are you paying too much?"

very valid point made.

I can see many more reasons why there will never be a fixed price in this game & no need for it as well ;-)

now lets go & BF some ladies(those who are lucky enough to be there) or spank the monkey!

Hmmm...Mr. Sushi....

"There is no such thing as paying too...." I don't understand this at all. Of course there is such a thing as paying too much for anything.

But here is my big problem:

"PC is a term that has been blown way out of proportion and abused. The purpose of PC was to combat the "LANGUAGE" of sexism, racism, and ageism. Once the media and right wing conservatives got a hold of it they twisted and ridiculed it to the point where the true spirit has been lost and it is now a joke or has a negative connotation."

What I can't stand is precisely being told about these "-isms!" It is what you think of as "legitimate" PC that makes me sick. I love Thailand where the BKK post runs ads for office girls and specifies age and size!! I love Thai Air where I get to look at lovely stewardesses rather than the "whatevers" we have to look at in the US. The polluted air of BKK is fresh air to me!

I take it you are a good deal younger than me and have been surrounded by feminists throughout college? There was a better, freer way before that that many older guys remember and cherish. Now the media culture is Oprah and Court TV. Sickening!!

Zane

>The answer stems from the fact that if I paid 2000 baht and the "fair" rate was 1000 baht, then I would be receiving no value for the other 1000 baht

You don't get it. There is no "fixed" or "fair" rate. Its fluid. It depends upon a hundred plus factors, including but not limited to: Nearness to rent day, time of the night, state of intoxication (of you and the girl), how many off's she has had this month, is she tired dancing/sitting/whatever, do you seem "a nice guy", whether the moon is full or not, what colour shoes you are wearing, has her friend already been bar fined, is there another customer in the bar she does not want to go with, is the momma san giving her a hard time tonight,.....etc etc etc...

The bottom line is only this : is it worth it *to you*?? Anyone who would turn down a "stunna" (and your definition will be different to mine) because she wanted 500 or 1000 baht over what you though was the going rate is..(sorry) foolish. Which is why all these threads on "how much to pay" are inane. Its your life, your chance, your memories. What are they worth to *you*?

-j-

"There is no such thing as paying too...." I don't understand this at all. Of course there is such a thing as paying too much for anything

Paying too much is a relative term what is too much to you may be too little for another

color=purple>

What I can't stand is precisely being told about these "-isms!" It is what you think of as "legitimate" PC that makes me sick. I love Thailand where the BKK post runs ads for office girls and specifies age and size!! I love Thai Air where I get to look at lovely stewardesses rather than the "whatevers" we have to look at in the US. The polluted air of BKK is fresh air to me!

I take it you are a good deal younger than me and have been surrounded by feminists throughout college? There was a better, freer way before that that many older guys remember and cherish. Now the media culture is Oprah and Court TV. Sickening!!

I can understand your anguish in having to go through a cultural change that seeks to change the negative language and behavior that allows the ruling societal group to create a system of division based on making the powerless to feel inferior.

I doubt if things were so lovely and free in the "pre-PC" world that you are so enamoured with. Then again I guess it depends on who you ask. A white hetero-sexual male probably thought he was in heaven. I am not so sure that sexually harassed women; ridiculed homosexuals; Asians, Blacks, Latinos, and other non-white groups who were discriminated against because of skin color would share your rosy view of yesteryear.

I probably am a good deal younger than you and I guess I am probably more culturally and sexually sensitive than you are also. I do not understand how people wish to hold on to "traditional" values,behavior and language that demean others.

I can understand that "PC" can become too extreme and detrimental if used improperly. I can also see that people need to be more tolerant and accepting of other's differences in today's globalizing culture. Racism, sexism, ageism and other discriminations have no place in our future.

BTW-as the Thai populace becomes more globalized and educated they too will change(they already are) and some of the very things that you cherish good or bad concerning the female population will fall by the wayside. Change is inevitable.

Josh,

Well, it seems to me that there is a "fair" rate. At a given point in time, the typical, average BG might be getting 1500 baht for LT. An above average BG might be getting 2000 and a stunner might be getting 2500. Although there are a myriad of other factors that might come into play with respect to an individaul transaction, as you note, they would not influence what I would be willing to pay. If the BG was above average and the typical LT rate happened to be 2000 baht, that is what I would pay. The way that I would know that 2000 baht was typical is through this board and conversations with others. If this particular BG happened to think she was a stunner and warranted 3000 baht, we would go our separate ways.

So, how do you determine how much you will pay. Do you pay 5000 baht for an average BG? Do you say to the BG, "up to you" and pay whatever she asks? You must somehow arrive at a figure that you believe is appropriate (one could say "fair").

A few more comments:

"Stunners": Don't waste my time. Overpriced and underperforming.

Some of the zingers I have been absorded for this post:

"My problem is with people who pay the girls the lowest and then brag about it..." Ouch!! Sorry!! I didn't mean to brag, and I see that I seemed to be doing so. I am trying to make an educational point, mainly, a lot of guys on this board talk about paying amounts that are way more than they need to. They come here and think in terms of prices back home, thus causing unnatural inflation here.

"The poster is not fighting for your baht or my baht, he is fighting for his baht." Okay, fine. While I fight for my baht, others benefit. If you don't want to benefit, don't.

Mr. Sushi,

You make my point exactly. "holier-than-thou" "I am among the enlightened and anyone who does not think as I do is unlightened" or (perish the thought) INSENSITIVE. Just more generic PC. Totally predictable and boring, not to mention authoritarian and tyrannical.

And yes, this crap will be one of America's top exports. First Oprah and then Court TV...

I will be posting more in the General Section in response to "Fighting For You Baht contest.....=p" and I thank the Rug Doctor for carrying forward the thought!

the first time i am getting involved in a thread of this section...

educational, c'mon, pleeeease...

you present yourself here as someone who has completely figured out the scene here, but sorry, after a few trip over the last two years or so...

sorry, but all that stuff about "the going rate", "fight for your baht" makes me cringe.

those girls are not really in the business because they have nothing better to do than serving farang's wetdreams. most of them would not be in that business if it would not be for a dire economical need, and other not so nice socio-economical factors of that country here.

"others benefit" from your advice??? sorry, but what about the girls? do they benefit when you spread all those wrong advise on how much to pay? i remember the days before the crises, before the devaluation of the baht. in those days, 8 or ten years ago, the lowest what was accepted was 500 baht (even though some teachers bargained down a needy girl at the end of the month to 300).

so you advise now to pay the same amount even though cost of living has risen significantly during the last few years. the only reason you get those kind of prices is that a lot more girls are around, a lot more competition, so the have to accept those kind of prices. in my books that is shameless exploitation of poverty, nothing else. and definatly nothing to be proud of.

your comparism of the minimum labor day wage is on many points completely irrelevant, as one of the reasons a lot of those girls are in the business is that this minimum rate is way too low. also, the working life of those girls is hardly more than 10 years during which they can make some money, and that should be enough to compensate for the lost face, respect or whatever you might call it. so many unfortunately end up in a worse situation then when they started off.

i am very sorry, but i think you have a very warped idea about thailand, the nightlife scene, the girls, the money etc.

it has nothing to do with the famous and often misused "PC", more with egoism and utter insensitivity towards the life and problems of those girls.

those girls have not been born to fulfill yours and other westerners wetdreams. they are in that scene because life for an average thai person is not very nice in that "land of smile".

please don't fight for my baht, and please, don't try to educate me about the place i have been living for the last ten years.

Archived