"Dreamgirls" Koh Samui

MooNoi

There is a new go go bar in Koh Samui. Well, relatively new - its been open a month. Its called "Dream Girls", and is situated at the enterance to Soi Green Mango, just off the main beach road.

I went in and checked it out last night with my Dad and brother who came over from Australia to see me and have a holiday.

The bar is nicely decked-out, with a comfy seating area around the main stage, which has a revolving carousel in the middle, although the carousel looks like it will fall apart eventually - it shakes and wobbles, and doesn't look too strong!

There is a perspex floor (similar to "Baccarat" in Soi Cowboy), with girls dancing upstairs. The upstairs area contains the washrooms, which are quite nice, and is called "The GB Lounge" apparently. There are about 8 girls dancing on the stage downstairs, and about 4 dancing upstairs. The girls dance in "group rotation" (for want of a better term!), dancing for about 4 or 5 songs, and then swapping as a group.

The lighting downstairs is quite harsh, and very bright for a go go bar, with down lights shining onto all the sofas from the roof above. The owner would do well to lessen the lighting, as its far too bright for a go go bar.

The girls are very attractive for the most part, with a quality similar to Bangkok, and many lovely-looking girls. Most of them who talked to us told us they have never worked in a go go before and were new to the scene. There was the usual selection of Isaan girls, but there seemed to be a fair number from the south too - mainly Chumpon, Surat Thani and Hat Yai. All-in-all, I would say the club had about 30 girls dancing.

The prices are quite hefty though, IMHO. 95 baht for a Henieken, Carlsburg, Kloster, and only slightly less for Singha and Chang. The lady drinks are a hefty 120 baht, and bar fine is 500 baht. As its pretty much the only "true" go go on Samui, I guess he can keep his prices high as there's no competition.

I don't know if it is because the girls are mainly new, but my brother was talking to a lovely young girl and bought her a lady drink. She said she had to go and dance after a few minutes. No problem with that. But as soon as she finished dancing in her bracket, she left the stage and went and sat straight down with another farang on the other side of the room. After 10 minutes, a lady drink, and a bar fine from him, she left! Call me picky, but I think its fair to expect a girl to come back and talk to her prior customer once she's finished dancing, especially if he's forked-out 120 baht on a lady-drink and spent two minutes with her before dancing! He went and saw the farang owner, and (politely), told him that he was a little dissapointed with the situation, and while he understands that a lot of the girls are new, it would be polite to re-join him after dancing. The owner seemed rather disinterested in hearing his views, (which, again, he said politely and without getting narky or angry), but did say he'd talked to the mama-san about it. You could tell from his attitude when talking to him that he probably would do no such thing, but anyway.... maybe I'm being a little harsh, but such is life! I understand the girls need to make money etc. etc., maybe the guy was a regular, but....well.... this is Thailand!

So overall, the place was okay. A little overpriced, and the lighting a little harsh, but the quality of the girls, very good.

Overall Score: 7/10

Fly P.

ib,

From what we found out from talking to the ladies, no one would walk out of there for under 1500 baht - short time! Long time seemed to be 2000-3000 depending on the lady. Seems a lot when there's some great alternatives in Lamai and near the Reggae Pub willing to go for 1000 baht long time!

1500 st/2-3k lt sounds similar to bkk prices at top venues!

guess they can get it too, as compitition is weak, but wealthy punters are probably too far & few between???

personally the only time I was at samui I brought 'sand' & plenty of it - glad I did 'cos didn't see much that fancied me around...

Yes - it does seem a lot, doesn't it?

However, I saw some absolutely lovely ladies at the bars in Chaweng next to The Reggae Pub, and also at a couple of the bars in Lamai. Probably 1 out of 5 of the girls working would be, (in my opinion), judged in the "very good looking" category! Cheers! Fly P.

Archived