Scandinavian warning to Thailand tourists.

ALHOLK

Hi all!

According to todays Swedish newspapers the Swedish and Danish foreign departments are now warning their citizens to be cautios and alert if visiting Thailand. According to the article the Danish foreign department has recieved information that terrorist actions are planned in Thailand. Among other places Puhket was mentioned.

The Swedish foreign department are not yet recomending against travelling to Thailand. They are however urging people to be very alert when being in places where tourists congregate in large numbers. They are also suggesting, that if possible American/Brittish institutions should be avoided.

On the bright side, if enough people cancel their reservations, I might be able to change mine and stay a little longer. ;)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says ALHOLK:

They are also suggesting, that if possible American/Brittish institutions should be avoided.

So I am supposed not to be near a 7-11,McDonalds,Burger King, etc....

Did they mention what radius i should keep in mind?

Don't hope that its over 200 meters, because then i am not able to go outside at all ;)

What about foreign shoe stores?

Bangcock.

Apparently the BBC broadcasted a warning on the news to stay away from Thailand, especially Phuket and BKK.

Think a bit about it, besides less people chasing your GF, there'll be less tourists in general coming to thailand which can make it very hard on people who depend on the tourist industry. That's quit a lot here in Thailand, including a lot of Westerners.

Anybody can confirm this BBC stuff?

Cheers,

Limbo

On the bright side, if enough people cancel their reservations, I might be able to change mine and stay a little longer

I was having the same thought myself.

However, I`ve been following the development in bookings/cancellations from CPH-BKK and as I am airline staff and have access to the actual listings I think I get a pretty good picture of the situation from Denmark anyway.

I seems that the danes or rather the people going CPH-BKK don`t give a S... about these warnings as the flights much to my disappointment are getting increasingly full and overbooked in december.

It seems that I will have a hard time getting a seat as I am on standby ticket. ::

Hua Nguu.

Archived