Jump to content


Member Since 13 Sep 2001
Offline Last Active 07 Mar 2014 08:31

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Year Long Stay Or Longer

24 August 2012 - 04:32

View Posthuumlaar, on 23 August 2012 - 07:52, said:

Didn't someone write here that the old re-enter the country on the lastdays of your visa and get another 90days are over?


Brisbane Consulate is usually good.

Did you ask the right question?

what questions should i have asked?.

I went in and asked them about visa's, told them i wanted to stay a year or so and then i should be eligible for retirement visa.
They informed me about the o visa's and the like, and told me i could only get multiple entry if i was doing business, volunteering, or studying and i would need like a reference to confirm this.

so as i said above they told me it was tourist visa which would give me 3 entries each of 2 months.

So if i should have said something else let me know if there's a way around it.

it would be great to be able to get 2months then an extension for a month and so on , as stated then i could stretch it out to 9 months if thats legal.


In Topic: Year Long Stay Or Longer

23 August 2012 - 00:36

View PostYow a rat, on 21 August 2012 - 09:53, said:

Last time I got a tourist visa it was a double entry,so 60 days,then extend that by another 30 days at immigration for the fee of c. 2k bt.When that expires exit the country and get the second entry,then repeat.So a triple entry TR visa should be good for almost 9 months.Please correct me if I`m wrong here  :chinaman:

if that is indeed the case then that would be much much better i think.

In Topic: Year Long Stay Or Longer

21 August 2012 - 01:53

just been to the Thai embassy in brisbane.  They tell me i cant get a multiple entry visa, because im not doing business or volunteering or studying.
Tell me i can get tourist visa which will allow me to get 3 entries each of 2 months, so 6 months in total, then i would have to leave the country and go to another embassy and apply for the same visa to give me the extra 6 months.  But nothing changes as in its upto that consulate as to wether they will give me another visa of the same to be able to max out 1 year.
Anyway around this, ie is this true

thoughts help and guidance appreciated

In Topic: Pattaya Hotels

13 August 2012 - 06:10

thanks for the replies guys, and oh no i dont want a river view thanks lol. Condo doah never even thought about that great suggestion, as for budget i dont have one really, i  just know ill be there for at least a year, 48 going on 49, if i go soon, and stay for just a tick over a year then i hit the magic 50 and can apply for the retirement visa, so in short at least a year, sprinkled with short trips here and there, maybe incorporating them with the visa runs ill have to do i suppose.

In Topic: Year Long Stay Or Longer

09 August 2012 - 04:42

thanks guys, clear as mud lol, think my brain is scrabbling already just thinking of the return.
The study thing i could see being a hassle if i trip around unless they have the same brand of school in different locations, I wonder if i triped out for a week or two at a time to say lao or burma or the like would they see that as me not honouring my tuitalige?.

So im thinking most are leaning towards a multiple entry visa is that correct, and with that every tree months or just before i would have to do a visa run, or say go and visit lao for a week or so, then on re-entry provided i fly i would get anothe 3 months(have i got that right)how long would i be allowed to do that for, and do i go to the thai embassy in brissy to get this?

sorry to be a pain guys but thanks for your help so far