Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'retirement'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General
    • General discussion
    • Introduction / Newbie forum
    • Meetings
    • News
    • Relationships
  • Nightlife
    • Nightlife
    • Regional Sanuk
    • Trip Reports
  • Thai Life
    • Career/Finances/Property
    • Expat & Family matters
    • Health
    • Language
    • Legal/visa, social issues
  • Goods and Services
    • Accommodation
    • Food
    • Technology
    • Travel/Transportation
    • Shopping & Classifieds
  • Recreation
    • Arts and Culture
    • Sports & Leisure
    • The board bar

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start




Website URL





Found 2 results

  1. After the recent announcement by the British embassy regarding no longer providing proof of income certificates, what are the options available/workarounds to Brits wanting a retirement visa? My own situation is I genuinely have a 65,000+ bt monthly income (state pension + rental income) but without proof what can I do? I'm in the fortunate position of being able to deposit 800,000 bt in a Thai bank account, but as I'm sure you will understand, I really don't want to do that for fear of not being able to repatriate the money if I decided Thailand wasn't for me after all, or I needed to return to the UK because of health issues. Worst still, if I fell victim to my less than perfect health and old age, would my (adult) children be able to get the cash back to the UK without major difficulties? I could supply evidence of my income ie several years of UK bank statements showing the state pension going into my account plus a copy of a rental agreement, and would be happy to deposit a meaningful amount 75K - 100K or so into a Thai bank account, could that be acceptable? Any opinions would be appreciated.
  2. Hi all members of Thai360.com, My name is Kanokwan Tangchitnusorn, I'm a Ph.D student of the College of Population Studies (CPS), Chulalongkorn University, and currently I am doing a Ph.D. dissertation about the international retirement migration (IRM) of Westerners in Thailand. I registered to this forum because I would like to ask whether any of you be interested to participate in my study, which is an online questionnaire, you can check this out here http://goo.gl/forms/dY7GP4SNJG Hopefully, the research results will become part of policy recommendations, which aim to constitute mutual benefits for both retired expats and Thai society as a whole. In addition, please be informed that Information related directly to you will be kept confidential. Results of the study will be reported as total picture. Any information which could be able to identify you will not appear in the report ka. Thanks a lot for reading this post. KANOKWAN TANGCHITNUSORN, Ms. Ph.D candidate at College of Population Studies (CPS), Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
  • Create New...