Two M79 Grenades Fired At Rally Site Near Government House, Injuring Two

Flashermac

A man and a woman were slightly injured when assailants fired two M79 grenades at a rally site near the Government House late Saturday night.

The attack against the rally site of the Students and People Network for Thailand's Reform happened at 10:30 pm.

The first grenade fell behind the rally stage, injuring Naronchai Seesirirungrot, 52, and Isarawan Sriklai, 55.

The second grenade fell in front of Rajvinit Secondary School, damaging three phone booths and three cars.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Two-M79-grenades-fired-at-rally-site-near-Governme-30233377.html

The Rangsit Uni attack surprised me, but I think one of the profs or somebody has supported the protests.

The Students and People Network for Thailand's Reform folks are attacked almost every day. I was by the camp last week, and they have nets hung up to try to deflect or explode grenades before they reach their targets. This is the activist group, most vocational students and graduates. The red shirt activists go after them frequently.

It looks like Suthep got denied all of the way around which makes sense although I really do dislike Thaksin for a wide variety of reasons Both sort of Crazy...

ฉันไม่ชอบสถานà¸à¸²à¸£à¸“์

If it weren't for Suthep, Pheu Thai might well have got away with illegally firing Thawil, its extremely corrupt rice purchase "scheme" and many other obvious money making fiddles. However, Suthep's idea of an appointed government to conduct reforms has always been something of a pipe dream. Quite frankly, a lot of politicians don't want to see the system reformed.

>...a lot of politicians don't want to see the system reformed.

...and many of the Thai citizens! How many Thai businesses thrive on the corruption? thousands!!

Holidays where there is to be no alcohol sold...how many bars are openly selling alcohol because they

have "special permission"...it is corruption that allows them to be open.

How many unqualified companies secure government contracts? once again, allowed by corruption!

Two M79 grenade fired at Chaeng Wattana rally site

Two more M79 grenades were fired at the Chaeng Wattana rally site late Sunday night. Two guards were slightly injured.

Explosive ordnance disposal police Monday checked the scene of the attack, which happend at 10 pm.

A grenade fell in front of a pavilion in the rally area, while another landed in the compound of the Air Defense Artillery Regiment. The pavilion is where Phra Buddha Isara has been staying.

http://www.nationmul...e-30233430.html

Two rounds a day seems to be all the gunmen are allowed, sort of like Barney Fife's bullet.

Archived