Us Envoy Kenney Criticised

Flashermac

A letter criticising US Ambassador to Thailand Kristie Kenney has gone viral in social media, as the United States froze US$3.5 million in military assistance to Thailand following the military's power seizure.

The letter was written by an American expatriate claiming to be a political scientist. Michael Yon, who describes himself as an author, photographer and war correspondent, posted the 400-word letter on his Facebook page.

This is it:

"US Ambassador Kristie Kenney: An American in Thailand sent this to me. Here is the American Ambassador displaying epic ignorance and insensitivity towards current events in Thailand.

"'There is a monstrous disconnect between current US government policy towards Thailand and reality. Part of the problem may be that Ambassador Kenney forbade her political officers from physically visiting any of the protest sites.

"I cannot accept that concern for their physical well-being was the motivation. I cannot fathom the reasons why. Thailand is undergoing an historic process.

"This is no way to represent an American Embassy in a foreign country, and this is no way to represent the American people … [Thais] have been our natural allies for decades since WWII and earlier. Right now, most Thai people are angry at us. I cannot blame them. Our government desperately needs accurate, correct information about the political process underway in Thailand.'''

http://www.nationmul...d-30234541.html