Isis Jihadists Order Genital Mutilation Of All Women In Iraq

Flashermac

GENEVA: Jihadists in Iraq have ordered that all women between the ages of 11 and 46 must undergo female genital mutilation, which could affect up to four million women and girls in the war-ravaged country, a UN official said Thursday.

The UN's second most senior official in Iraq, Jacqueline Badcock, said, "It is a fatwa (or religious edict) from ISIS, we learnt about it this morning. We have no precise numbers."

The Islamic State, formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), took over large swathes of the country last month and has begun imposing its extreme Salafist interpretation of Islam.

Badcock said that if you took UN population figures as a guide, around "four million girls and women could be affected".

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/ISIS-jihadists-order-genital-mutilation-of-all-women-in-Iraq/articleshow/38979130.cms

With Gaza going on, people seem to have forgotten about these nice folks.

Barbaric.

As an aside, I believe that a medical examination for FGM of any child in Australian (hope others would follow) refugee centres should be conducted. If the obscene cutting has been performed and clearly parental permission was involved = automatic rejection of refugee application.

If later on, after a girl that arrived intact is later found to have been cut, and an investigation reveals it was done in Australia or on an overseas trip on a child under 18 = automatic jail of parents, and compensation, whether the now adult wishes to press charges or not.

Word would soon get around.

Is this not a form of male genital mutilation as well, what choice does the infant boy have. Although legal is this not barbaric practice ?

http://www.circumstitions.com/USA.html

The US is the only country in the world where the majority of baby boys have part of their penises cut off for non-religious reasons

The idea behind it has to do with health issues, at least that was the spin on it at the time it was explained to me.

I would say that this practice started with the Jews and was passed on to Christians and others... :dunno:

I am a male who was circumcised at the age of 19. I have had sex with a foreskin and without. The foreskin is the most sensitive part of the penis. Removing it leads to the tip of the penis drying out and being unable to provide any lubrication during sex. I believe infant male circumcision should be banned worldwide, as it already has been in some countries. If an adult male has a good reason, such as where it is medically necessary, or if he wants to participate in unsafe sex with less risk, then let him choose to have circumcision as an adult. The practice of infant genital mutilation as a ritual of sacrificing flesh to a barbaric god is particularly repugnant to me.

• Like 2

Is this not a form of male genital mutilation as well, what choice does the infant boy have. Although legal is this not barbaric practice ?

Absolutely...its completely illogical why one should be tolerated and the other banned ...it couldn`t be because one is traditional in Jewish/Christian culture while the other is foreign could it ? :grinyes: