Grand President rates

Soi11

A side note:

Upon arrival ask for a 20 percent discount... Agree to pay the elevated SC on 1300+ but ask for a base reduction of 20% and they mostly with give you one. Money in their pockets equals money saved for you. The extra money from SC goes a long way and is very important to the staff...they are unlikely to help you if you insist on not helping them.

SB

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davegas:
The GP has lost their mind. I am sorry, I like the place but the price is completely over the top.... Its worth 1000 baht with no surcharge we all know that. So guys why dont we just boycott the place till they truely come up with a discounted rate...

-----

Don't forget that the Topaz room has a large TV, Microwave, Hifi/CD/Stereo/Video,

and a small kitchen. So i think the price is fair. Lot of hotels with same price do not have such things. (i like to listen my CDs while holiday)

Don't forget that the Topaz room has a large TV, Microwave, Hifi/CD/Stereo/Video,

and a small kitchen. So i think the price is fair. Lot of hotels with same price do not have such things. (i like to listen my CDs while holiday)

Since last year/early 2003 they have increased prices by 10/11% approx, and also are imposing a 10% service charge. I would have no problem with the price increase, but I feel an overall increase of over 20% is well over the top. ::

[color:"green"] The extra money from SC goes a long way and is very important to the staff...they are unlikely to help you if you insist on not helping them. [/color]

So you have done a forensic audit on the GP and know that it all goes to the staff? Not bloody likely. :doah:

As far as I can tell the 20% "discount" is figured into the new price struture. They will give you 20% off an inflated price, or will tell you that the slighly lower price already reflects any "discount" As far as the 10% surcharge. You have to be smoking the rock if you think that 10% of their gross is spent on labor period let along that they have increased it by that much. This is a simple mony grab on GP's part. And if they are still doing the 5% surchage on the credit cards that again goes dirctly to the bottom line. As far as having a cd player and a nice TV. well you could by a cd player and then give (or trade for services) it to a BG at the end of your trip, and still come out ahead. TV? well its nice for about 1/2 hour a day to listen to bbc while getting ready in the morning. But thats just me. I really do like the GP, its just that they are setting a very bad precident, and I refuse to support it. Again 1000 baht will get you lots of choices.

I stayed at the GP for a month this summer and one day asked an employee about the "service charge." This is a person I've known over the years staying there and asked how much of the SC they, the employees got.. Answer... a big ole ZERO. Hmmmmmmmmm... Later asked another employee the same question... again... a big ole ZERO. Makes you wonder what "service charge" means to management.

No. What I was saying is that they will give you a discount...period. As to what they infact do with the SC I really don't know. I just wonder why the front desk staff insist on placing it on the original list price and not on the discounted price. If you ask for a discount of 25% you may get it but have a SC on the list price...they insist on the SC as It is something they value. They come off the list price but not the SC...Why!

Really, If the hotel can pay it's staff from the 10% SC then shit are they making boatloads of money. Thats all the staff not only the front desk. We do agree that their salary is made up from the SC...at least!

SB

• 3 months later...

Archived