Bush offers to set up US military base in Thailand

elef

Thai3: Actually, Kennedy was ridiculed in his day, as well. Dumped on as moronic, inexperienced, weak on foreign policy, etc. Sound familiar? Sure it does; echos descriptions of any President of recent times. Some people just live to trash the President, no matter who he may be and regardless of what he does. And I don't mean just Eurotrash either, I knew Americans who would bitch forever about a President doing one thing, then bitch some more when the next President did the opposite!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Great American Empire marches on ...not long before total world domination ::I hope Taksin tells GW,Rumsfelt and his band of extremists to go **** themselves...somehow I don`t think this will happen.

thaksin was the one who offered bush land to rent for stationing of troops in that blasted war against terrorism.

nops, i really don't see any rebuttal coming from thaksin.

>>>Some people just live to trash the President, no matter who he may be and regardless of what he does. And I don't mean just Eurotrash either, I knew Americans who would bitch forever about a President doing one thing, then bitch some more when the next President did the opposite!<<<

ah , right. one who critisises your inept presidents is automatically trash. interesting logic.

I think another US base in Asia would be disastrous - look at the problems the Okinawans have had with rogue GIs. To my amazement, local businesses here in CQ are trying to woo the Marines to our shores, on the basis that we already have a large military training area and many of them have been here (on exercise) previously. Big difference between a 2 month exercise and a permanent deployment, IMO.

chocolat steve said:

I wonder how many of our military will be begging their commanding officers to staff such a base? :: :hubba:

i don't guess too many. strange, i have been hanging out in patpong several times over the years with some marines, and they were all into getting drunk, but way to scared to touch any of the girls for fear of VD's. ::

actually, i really enjoyed hanging out with them, generally nice and polite guys, and far less aggressive than some squaddies who always seem to try picking a fight.

• 2 weeks later...

If you take a good look at the problems of Okinawa they are about locals not liking the military near to their farms and factories. Thailand would do well with a base in the South...

Don't even think that the P.I. is not going to reopen. You can taek that to the bank as they are already getting things back into shape at Clark....Subic is a very quick retrofit.... Take the on base hotels into barracks etc. No Problem. We just need to get the DRAFT back and up our military by 500,000

brave young America men and women!

One of my best ST's on Phuket was with an america sailor girl who was sitting at the pool bar of my hotel.. I invited her into my room for a drink and a shower... we did both togeter. She left to return to her ship never to be seen again.

>>>Thailand would do well with a base in the South...<<<

if thailand wants a full scale civil war then a US base in the south would be a good beginning. one of the many reasons for the increase of the violence in the south is thaksin's support for bush.

thing is that the southern provinces are dominantly muslim, and they are not in favour of bush, and they most definately do not want US army near their farms...

Archived