new thai girlfriend

oh, i also went to her home/apt and met her whole family, and extended family on another occasion just to hang out during the day. i was with other girls on the trip and never had that sort of thing happen.

i read earlier that some beer bar girls also someitmes have a buy out, but i certainly don't know for sure, jst a feeling she wasn't lying to me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just going by what spoonamoore said and I quote:"she says she

had only worked inn the bar for 3 months,she did occasionally "work" as well." That does not make for a credit risk. And I never said it can't happen, Of course it can happen, along with a bargirl swallowing without being asked(outside of a BJ bar). Man, I enjoy a good debate.

quote:

Originally posted by mspoonamore:

i also went to her home/apt and met her whole family, and extended family on another occasion just to hang out during the day. i was with other girls on the trip and never had that sort of thing happen.

Spoonamore,

From what you have said above and in other posts, it sounds like this girl does love you and wants be with you. Taking you to meet the family is a statement to the family that she thinks you will marry her. If you were to suddenly stop seeing or calling her, she would lose face in her family's eyes.

Many Thai girls in the business want to marry a farang for the security, and maybe also due to attraction to men of a different culture (look how we farangs are attracted to non-western women).

However, I agree with the advice given you earlier to take your time and get to know her better before committing yourself and her to marriage. Try to determine if she is really comfortable with leaving her family and friends for a strange country and culture.

If you are interested in a long-term relationship with this girl, then continue to let her know that, and try to visit her as often as possible.

Chok dii, I hope both of you find happiness.

Shotover

mspoonamore

land o' scams is correct, a barfine of 5000B!

Not on your nellie mate.

I think you've been scammed already. Sorry.

Spend more time with this girl (in Thailand), it will pay off, believe me.

I hate to say this but I feel sorry for you mate . You are getting all sorts of conflicting feelings/info . In the end i think it is your decion to make & shit to deal with if it all goes wrong .Make your own decisons .

I will say this though:

When I came back to Oz in love once ,I decided not to bring my Beer Bar Babe back due to the difficulties of lack of Thai speakers ,boredom, complete difference of lifestyle,lack of 7-11's or food stalls.

I went to this girls village in Isaan , stayed with her Family , got pissed with them , cried with them , ate with them & prayed with them.

She was 21 & hated the bars , she told me she worked bars for 3 months,only because her sister did (true).She had allways given up her "real" jobs because they were "boring" & "bad paying".

I was very upset when I had to leave her & planned on bring her back to the land of Oz.Talked , e mailed , she even talked to my MUM!!! In her 1% english!

I thought because she was sensitive , & not a real animal in the sack ( a nice girl ) that she was not just interested in my money & the prospect of a future. maybe she was'nt after only these things , but I know they were the primary factor in her affection , now.

In the end mate I just decided I was in no position to support this girl & her family , i did'nt want to be tied down so extremely , I don't think this is like being with a farang woman , so much more responsibility , but maybe your ready for that .

Just think it through , there are so many angles , take your time , don't be rushed , chill out!!

I hope this all does'nt sound like a crock.

Take care.

smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

I was just thinking that maybe after all the girl was fine , but my head was just all f&&ked up with the situation ,LOS craziness & all that.So if your heads more together than mine you might do o.k. just a thought. smile.gif" border="0

My advice would be to keep your feet on the ground, but try not to be too paranoid reading advice about bg's. I know, I ended my relationship after 'Advice'. It nearly distroyed my girl (thankfully I managed to repair the damage).

Trust me, there are some diamonds in the rough, but they do take some finding.

i really appreciate everyone's advice...i am planning to go back in november...i don't think i am going to do the fiance visa thing right away...i guess if it is meant to be i don't have to rush into anything in the next couple months anyway...

i am curious how it has worked out for other guys who brought their thai gf back to US or whatever country....do they do okay being away from thailand????

i will write back with an update just to let you guys know what happens with all this craziness...

mspoonamore, You now sound like you are thinking with your big head. This is very important. These girls have a very hard time adjusting to America and unless they are over the hill (which yours is not)most of these girls return home and go back to "work". The ones that hook up with the Thai girls already in the states (and I am speaking in general terms here)quickly become "corrupted"and start turning into Americanized women. THIS IS NOT GOOD. She eventually becomes very much unlike the girl you met on your first trip. The best scenario is for you to move to Thailand and live with her in her country. It is much easier for you to adapt than her.They are much happier, and you will be also in the long run. This arrangement works very well. A big sacrifice on your part, that ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE IF SHE IS WORTH IT. Whatever you do decide, at the very least you need to spend 1 solid month of quality time with her in her habitat to see if the relationship has serious potential.I DON'T CARE WHAT IT TAKES,IF SHE IS WORTH IT-DO IT. Believe me, after one month you will know where the relationship is heading. Another large sacrifice on your part, but think about it, what is one month out of a lifetime? Your method sounds good, but unless you have a cast iron heart(which I doubt) and a ton of money to burn, the emotional and financial commitment could be devastating. You are at a very important time in your life right now and entered a whole new world that most people never experience, so TAKE YOUR TIME.I sincerely wish you nothing but the best and hope to hear from ya. LOS

quote:

Originally posted by mspoonamore:

i am curious how it has worked out for other guys who brought their thai gf back to US or whatever country....do they do okay being away from thailand????

i will write back with an update just to let you guys know what happens with all this craziness...

I don't think Scam is right (sorry). You have to spend time with her again,ok, anywhere, but it's when you guys are living the real life, you go to work, she goes to school or starts her first initiation to life in the big USA, that the true metal of your relationship will show. Anyway, some work, some don't and only you guys can tell. Incidentally,one of my friend followed me to LOS one year: 1st trip, 1st night in Pattaya, 1st night in disco, 1st freelancer girl....And they've been married for 8 years now, in San Francisco. who's to judge or know?

Archived