2 weeks beyond visa?

If I wanted to stay two more weeks beyond the standard 30 day visa, what would be the easiest way to go about it. Go to the thai consulate in the U.S. and apply for a 60 day visa,a border run to cambodia or malaysia, or just buy plane tickets that are beyond the 30 day visa; and if I were to buy plane tickets beyond the 30 days, what consequences would I face at customs when I entered Thailand and they notice my tickets were longer than the allowed time.

No one will check your tickets when you enter Thailand, especially if you are a farang.

The EASIEST way is just to overstay and leave when you damned well please. The fine is 200 baht per day, and as long as you happily pay it when you leave, they will wish you a merry journey, and there will be no mark made in any computer against you that might interfere with future trips.

Oh, and I THINK that Immigration in Bangkok will extend that visa one or two weeks, not sure which, for 500 baht, if you want to go there. That's 500 baht for going to them versus 2800 baht at the airport for a two-week overstay. Those are your easiest options.

If you do overstay and you are caught by police then expect to stay in the slammer for a few days and then have your butt kicked out of Thailand...

I think everyone knows a couple of days in a Thai jail isn't that pleasant.

Why not see this as an opportunity and cross the border for a couple of days and have a look around. Next time the visa comes up you can go to another border crossing and have a look around there....I mean it is not if you have definitive schedule you must follow...

If I was you I would do a visa run....

Sanukboot.

They won't look at your ticket. Never.

I know in Phuket you can go to immigration office with a passport photo and 500B and they will extend for 10 days. But only once (until you do a visa run, then you can do it again). A fact. No experience with extensions elsewhere, though.

As far as being thrown in jail for an overstay, someone is just yanking your chain. A few days over, no problem. One or two times, no problem. Third time: 2 years hard labor. wink.gif" border="0

I, too, would advise a visa run, just for the pleasure of seeing more of Thailand and a little of a neighboring country, PLUS I like to keep things nice and legal myself, but he said EASIEST, and so I recommended just overstaying. There will be no jail time IF he does NOT get caught before leaving, just a fine to pay, then he's waved through onto his flight. But yes, in the unlikely event he gets popped in that two weeks, he will be in jail.

Duh, sorry. Go to the Thai consulate in the states and get a 60-day visa before you leave. $15 last I did it. I thought you were talking about extending once you are here. My bad.

Archived