<sigh> Has the NEP disease spread to Cowboy?

it doesnt have to happen. prices girls charge are determined by what they can get in the market. if the market tells them punters only want to pay 1000 ST then thats where prices will be set

It doesn't have to happen, but it has. Whether it stays that way is anyones guess, but I dont see it going down anytime soon. Sure you can still find some girls that will go on the cheap, but they are becoming the exception, not the rule.

if you just pay more cause YOU think prices have gone upyou are a bloody fool. you are part of the problem

I never said I pay more, I merely stated that the price of admission is going up. Do I like it? No, but as you said yourself, the market determines the price, and right now the market is up.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rarely pay any barfines in Bangkok anymore because of the prices. I save my bahts for Pattaya and Ko Samui.

Last time in Bangkok I was still able to find a really cute girl from Cowboy who was happy for 1000 b short time and would have stayed all night for that cash. Still get calls from that girl so guess she liked me for some reason and thus the lower price. But the girls in Morning Night, Big Dogs and some Nana gogos quoted so ridicilous prices that I had to laugh out loud :D. There should be some brochures for single travellers in planes to Bangkok saying that never pay more than 1500 long time ::

I think there are a number of factors here with pricing.

Firstly, Thailand is getting more expensive and many Thais are getting to like western goods and services which don't come cheap.

This is especially true for Bangkok.

Secondly, there are lots of sex starved punters out there who are willing to pay a little more on their two week vacation especially those guys who are paid pounds and euros. Many guys unaccostomed to bargaining don't know how to deal with the business negotiations with the girls.

Globalisation has its part to play as well.

In most western countries you are lucky to get a pathetic shag for 5000 baht ST so tourists are willing to fork out more for somehting which is still much better and cheaper than at home.

Pattaya is still on the cheap side if that is you main worry....but quite frankly 1000 baht is a very small amount of money in the west these days and the Thais know it.

I remember having this same type of conversation in the 80s. Outrage that girls were even daring to think of more than 500 baht for the nite.

What was the world coming to?

A good way to avoid scammers is to offer 1,500 for LT and 100 for ST.

Make it clear in the bar that short time is 100 baht. REAL CLEAR..

Then enjoy her agony when she wants to leave after an hour and you willingly agree....handing her her red note and waiving goodbye.

On pricing in general I almost never take women from bars anymore. What I have found is that there is no shortage of girls from Soi 33 who are completely happy with 1,000. These are ladies that often can get much more than girls in Cowboy do. 5,000 from Japanese, Chinese and Korean men are not unusual. Sometimes even higher.

The key is that they don't want the other women in the bar to know what they are getting, ie., loss of face.

If you do this right you can have phone calls every afternoon and evening wondering if you need company.

I have found some stunning girls happy with a much lesser price, you do have to do some digging. As another poster said you can spot those who are going to be more trouble than they are worth and these are the girls who should be avoided and this will sort those girls out. The more leash you give them the more they will take.

If you find that diamond in the rough and you want to pay her a little more without her asking for it then thats ok, this is a tip cause you like the girl.

No offense NEO, but the market is NOT UP. We dictate the market, and the market tells me that the majority of girls is very happy with 1000 ST or even LT with many of the girls Ive been with.

We do not pay based on what we earn. we pay based on what is a fair price for the country they live in. Why pay western style rates when we are in thailand? THEY DONT LIVE WITH OUR RATES OF TAX AND COSTS OF LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a case can also be made that we all operate under a different set of pricing. After all if you are a fat, smelly bastard who treats women like shit you are going to pay more than a lot of us who are the opposite in appearance and nature.

Girls from Suzy Wongs insist on a minimum of 1500 LT or (possibly ST as well?) ive only had that for LT with a girl from there. My understanding is the girls who work there all agree thats the price for ANY girl taken from that establishment. THEY have set there market price and its up to punters to take or leave it.

As the punters who have the money it is up to us how much we pay. If the girls dont like it they can go find a real job. If we dont like the prices they set we can go without or find another girl or find another place for P4P.

Giving in to this notion of "well i think the market is up" is BS. We are meekly accepting a notion based on a few girls who have decided they can get more than the average and the silly punters who simply go along with these high prices.

Think about it - if this continues then Thailand will begin to get closer and closer to western countires where im guessing the majority of us are not really interested in P4P because the product is crap and highly overpriced.

IS THIS WHAT WE WANT THAILAND TO BECOME??? anyone who knows or sees a punter or a girl partaking in this kind of behaviour needs to be pulled into line. If the girl asks for 2,000 baht or up tell her to get real and walk away as there will be another one just as good right around the corner who will happily take less. If you see a punter stupidly being taken for a ride then tell him you never pay that much and the girl is taking him for a ride.

If a girl agrees to x amount of money for LT and then turns it into ST pay her half what was agreed and say thank you and goodnight. It happend to me once and thats exactly what i did. No need to let her get away with it, you both agreed on a price!!!

For tourists, the depressing scenario is that many are not getting any or much back home and in desperation, due to their relatively short time in LOS, they pay up for fear of having nothing.

When people start thinking like that, the rest are doomed.

Would you ever buy a car at full price or not ask for a discount or not make an opening offer lower than both the seller wanted and below what you were willing to pay ? Of course you would but when thinking with the small head................

There's a quick remedy for this. Farangs should stop barfining girls, buying lady drinks, stick to free-lancers and let bar owners/BG's know what and why this is happening.

I've never allowed a bar/BG dictate what I pay. If they don't like my offer, I go elsewhere. Plenty of fish in the barrel and why not push competition into the equation? There's more fish than fishermen, so the fishermen should have the upper hand.

U2B

Archived