<sigh> Has the NEP disease spread to Cowboy?

BuffHello said:

Its the Japs that are upsetting the market rates ,pure and simple.

once word gets round what they pay ,they all want Jap rates.

stick with 1000st- 2000 lt .TOPS . if everyone keeps the lid on rates they will soon get the message .

I think the Japanese don't really want to pay those rates but they're just not sure what they're doing or not confident enough to challenge it. There's a reason why more Japanese are being seen in Nana, Soi Cowboy and even Thermae(!) and I think this is it. They don't want to get ripped off in Thaniya but they're still a bit shy or clueless.

I'm thinking that some of us just need to learn some Japanese, get talking with them and tell them the prices they could really get away with paying. European, American and Japanese alike - we've got to stand together on this.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the "the Japanese" or "the tourists" screwing up the prices (and by the way generalizing these groups is inaccurate). There will always be many punters who for one reason or another just will never pay what they think is ridiculous prices like 5000 ST. And because of this there is plenty of entertainment that caters to our price. Anyone can walk into any of the gogo districts and find a nice girl who will accept 1000 baht--easy! You can probably also find those that will stand fast at 3000 and no LT; nothing really new there.

If you are still scared of ridiculous prices just consider this: most Thai's themselves would never ante up the kinds of prices we farangs pay for things and yet there is no shortage of cheap venues that serve them. Most Thai's would just never spend 100 baht on one drink--paeng mak! It doesn't matter how many Japanese happen to be around.

I used to live in Japan and I can tell you that the japs are partly responsible for upping the prices. Heres an example why,

Japanese men go to hostess bars in Japan. These bars are very expensive, ie at least 5000 yen (roughly 1,600 baht or more) just to sit and talk with what is often a really ugly japanese girl. the girl might put her hand on his leg.....if hes lucky. this money gets him 1 or maybe a bit more hours with this girl.

he then goes home to his wife or whatever. god forbid he wants a really ugly chick to pull his dick while fully dressed this will cost him shitloads, i mean double that at least. i know this cause i went to a place and when i was quoted i bolted.

Now imagine this pent up small penised japanese man in thailand. if i was him id pay through the roof because the thought of going back to japan and putting up with that kind of bullshit would make me pay top dollar every time.

So....when a thai girl says 3,000 baht or more to a jap he actually considers it a bargain and the girls are so much prettier and less inhibited than a japanese girl that he probably shoots his load right away (i wouldnt blame him after living a year in japan i couldnt wait to look at other girls and get out of such a restrictive, anal society).

imk not trying to insult japs, but they are constantly driving the prices up. i was in safari one night and for the first time ever i couldnt get any of the girls to even sit with me...why you ask? well because the place was full of japs and they knew where the money was at.

The only sidebar to this argument is that BG's dont expect to get as much out of a lot of non japs but still it does make them charge more IMHO

Yes generally agree with Emmitt here. Ive lived in Japan a few years and the price for hookers / hostesses is very high. Just a night out on the drink sets you back a lot of money. Added to this many Japanese take only a week or two holidays a year so that one week in Bangkok is precious and 3000 baht is not much money (2 shouts with your mates after work)

Its all relative I would like to point out. The concept that Thai men only pay a little is not accurate either.IMHO.My Thai friends all pay about 2-3 k for these young, light skinned second or third year college students that always show up after we finish dinner. There is an inexhaustable supply it seems as its never the same girls.They are usually incredibly fine and some even want their first farang... :) :)

So the prices for P4p are all over the board really.

I don't see the relevance of how much people are paying in Japan, Siberia, or anywhere else. And of course there are Thai's who are rich and join super exclusive Thai only membership clubs and spending 100,000 ST on super models is not out of the question. There are many more Thai's that pay 300 or 500 baht ST. You will notice I previously stated "most Thai's" so I stand by my comments. Let's get back on topic.

How have Japanese driven up ST/LT prices in gogo's? I am not convinced prices are higher to begin with. I have been in the gogos every week for years and have yet to notice a change. Generally speaking, I spend less now on ST/LT than ever before. But that is not really a fair year over year comparison because the downward prices has more to do with experience than anything else.

People feeling the need to throw outrageous money at the girls to satisfy them may only be proving they are gullible. The girls will gladly take the money and smile when you look in their direction. I have learned the more careful one is with their money the more respect they get as not being a sucker. You can tell by how the girls treat and talk about you. But it is kind of walking a tight rope balancing things until you get known in a bar.

Neo--

"....the downward prices has more to do with experience than anything else."

That one line is the best way to sum the whole P4P thing up.

Japanese have blown prices out of the water in many cocktail lounges but I don't feel that has had any impact on go gos.

I always tell newbies visiting BKK to say they have been many times, lived in the Phillipines or something like that. Get the "just off the plane smell" off and they are sure to have a better time.

Sitting wide eyed and looking like a kid in a candy store is not the image the experienced monger wants to project.

himitsu said:

Japanese have blown prices out of the water in many cocktail lounges but I don't feel that has had any impact on go gos.

But many more of them go to Nana, Soi Cowboy and Thermae than ever before so surely they've got to have an impact! Ten years ago, they used to stick to Thaniya but now they're all over the gogos. How can we explain this migration?

I have to say that, although I'm one of the most jaded gogo customers in the world, even I am sometimes just in the mood to pay prices that I know are silly. For example, the other day I paid 100B for a taxi ride from Nana Hotel to Soi 7 just because it was raining. I can do the same in the bar on occasion if I just can't be bothered to move on or spend the time arguing the price down. I've got to agree that you don't get any more respect from the girls for it though.

Archived