What do you read?

Julian2

I read all kinds of stuff as long as it's well written. Just finished a biography of Peter Cooke by his wife Lin, Capote by Gerald Clarke, Star Man by Michael Francis (bodyguard for Led Zeppelin and Bon Jovi). Better not mention some of the other books I read...don't want anybody to think I'm intellectual.

Re. Monsieur Houellebecq...I just can't decide about the guy. Basically he's a nihistic shit-stirrer I think but he did get a few entertaining books written, got to respect that.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again..... surely you are kidding, right ? That guy is one of the biggest idiots / bigots / racists around....... most of this so-called theories have been ridiculised many times over

Well, good to see that he is at least controversial, always a plus. I never had a liking for PC books, they tend to be mediocre at best. ::

On a sidenote: It is ridiculed, not ridiculised. :)

And if he is an idiot, at least he is an idiot with a) original ideas and B) an IQ that puts ours to shame.

If you can find some links to articles that 'ridiculise' him, I would be very much obliged.

Cheers!

soongmak said:

Here we go again..... surely you are kidding, right ? That guy is one of the biggest idiots / bigots / racists around....... most of this so-called theories have been ridiculised many times over

Well, good to see that he is at least controversial, always a plus. I never had a liking for PC books, they tend to be mediocre at best. ::

On a sidenote: It is ridiculed, not ridiculised. :)

And if he is an idiot, at least he is an idiot with a) original ideas and B) an IQ that puts ours to shame.

If you can find some links to articles that 'ridiculise' him, I would be very much obliged.

Cheers!

Soongmak,

On a sidenote, who the fuck are you to "try" to correct my English.

"RIDICULISED" is indeed correct, dont ridicule yourself here :p

BB

"RIDICULISED" is indeed correct, dont ridicule yourself here

Tsk, tsk,

Aren't you a bit rude for someone who never tires to correct other people? :hubba: I wasn't 'trying' to correct you, I did correct you. Check out those lovely dictionaries man, they're here for a purpose! ::

Ridiculised in Merriam-Webster

If you don't believe me, look at ridiculised at dictionary.com.

See how they both neatly suggest ridiculed as an alternative?

But hey, we all know you know best, even if you don't. :banghead:

soongmak said:

"RIDICULISED" is indeed correct, dont ridicule yourself here

Tsk, tsk,

Aren't you a bit rude for someone who never tires to correct other people? :hubba: I wasn't 'trying' to correct you, I did correct you. Check out those lovely dictionaries man, they're here for a purpose! ::

Ridiculised in Merriam-Webster

If you don't believe me, look at ridiculised at dictionary.com.

See how they both neatly suggest ridiculed as an alternative?

But hey, we all know you know best, even if you don't. :banghead:

LOL, can I have some fun too ?

From your own link : ridiculised :)

And the point of insulting me here is to get brownies ???

Any more sidenotes to make ?

BB

Richard Condon used to be a favourite American author. I have read 5 or 6 of his books. All of them were good but "The vertical smile" is my favourite.

When I was young John Steinbeck was my favourite. His novel about Tortilla Flats were great. His Nobel prize was well motivated although I enjoyed the Tortilla Books better than "East of Eden".

Of course I also read Hemingway which was very good .

It may sound like I only read American but this is not correct. I have read many of the classics but authors that write in English are in majority as this is the is the only foreign language I can read. Right now I am reading "Foundation and Earth" which is the fifth novel in Isaac Asimovs trilogy that I started reading when I went to high school.

regards

ALHOLK

Dee Brown,Frederick Forsyth,Clive Cussler and Agatha Christie are big faves.........

and Limbo should publish a Book about his Football knowledge.... :up:

it would earn him a fortune as it would top the best selling lists of fantasy and comedy............ :grinyes::beer:

Hi!

When I was a kid I read heaps of Agatha Christie books. I have also read several of Fredrick Forsyth's books. The Jackal was good and so was the "Eagle has landed". The recent remake of the movie "The Jackal" was however not to my liking. When will Hollywood learn to make new movies instead of remakes of old ones.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived