Restaurant tips in NEP area, pretty please.

Can anybody recommend some decent restaurants in the NEP area? I've had a lot of decent foreign food along Sukhumvit, but I'm often disappointed by the Thai food. Cabbages & Condoms was decent, as was Lemongrass on Soi 24. Any other comparable or superior recommendations? I often end up at $$$ Baan Kanitha for a "sure thing," even if it's not entirely authentic.

Much Thanks smile.gif" border="0

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are many good thai restaurants along to sukhumvit; in addition to those mentioned already:

wannakharm soi 23

baan khanita soi 23

hualampong enter from soi 26

steak lao soi 39

laikhram soi 23

lai rot soi 49

khrua chumsai soi 33

ohm thong soi 33

just to mention a couple

just to mention

Another decent place on Suk. 23 is Thomg-U-Rai.........on the right hand side a little deeper into the soi from Baan Kanittha.

Bon appetite

Arai wa

Thanks, Arai Wa. Though, I must say that I take your advice with a bit of caution, given the tag line that you hang from the bottom of your posts! laugh.gif" border="0

Frankly I find it amazing that there are so few proper Thai restaurants walking distance from soi 4. How did that happen??? Thanks for the list, but most are soi 23 and up, not really walking distance (esp. not with a Tg)

I do like Cabbages & Condoms.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I went into After Work yesterday near the British Embassy same side asNana.

It looks as if it would be a raucous beer swill joint from the outside, It's a reasonably nice Thai restaurant when you go in. I enjoyed what I had, I would imagine no BG would have a complaint.

Had a few office workers in there (Thai)

Archived