What phones at MBK can be chipped to work in LOS?

croftrobin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Ericsson and Motorola is ok, before Nokia was impossible (?), but now I hear that Nokia is possible but 50 % more expensive.

Check around for prices (2000-20000) - thai GF I think payed 4000 about 1½ years ago.

If you go to AIS you must show invoice, custum's papers proving customs duty and VAT are paid - in that case it's same as buying your telephone i LOS. wink.gif" border="0

After this the telephone is not working outside Thailand.

Chipped you say - I thought just they put thai software inside??????

elef crazy.gif" border="0

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: elef ]

Ericcson and Motorola are sure bets...cost bout 500 Bht to 1000 Bht. Had my Ericcson T28 and Motorolla startec Imei modified...I can use either GSM or AIS prepaid cards. For Nokia, it is just not worth it (15000 baht) but if you really wanna use ur Nokia , then U can buy a used number from Hello 1800 provider and U wont need to modify ur phone.

All can be done in MBK.

Cheerz

Originally posted by chummum:

[QB]Ericcson and Motorola are sure bets...cost bout 500 Bht to 1000 Bht."

The standard rate is MBK is 200 Baht for most models. I paid 300 Baht to have an Ericsson R320s tuned, because it's quite a high-end model, not much in use in Thailand, and only few shops can do the job.

While we are on the subject, I have a question. Bought a Ericson T28 in the Singapore airport last trip and had it tuned for Thailand and use it with my AIS GSM. Was wondering if the International Roaming is still going to work when I go back to Singapore next time?

You can use Nokia phones from abroad with ais, 1800, gsm 2watt and other provider, only thing you need is a Thai national or workpermit. However Nokia phones do not work with Thai prepaid systems. I know Motorola phones can be "fixed" to use 12call. Anyone knows which types of Ericsons can be tuned too?

• 2 weeks later...

Does ne1 knows how a phone is being fixed to use with 12call? Is this only an imei change? So the phone does not need to be taken apart? Does a simlocked phone get unlocked with this imei change?

Thanks

To "Tune "the phones they connect it to a laptop and adjust the core software.

Yes a "tuned" phone will work on roaming, all my phones are "tuned" and I've never had a problem.

Archived