Sihounikville

Steve

I didn't make it there when I was in Cambo this past spring. I have a question regarding this town. I've always heard its a nice, quiet town on the ocean and I should definitely try to make it there when I'm in Cambo again.

A friend of mine who traveled with me was reading about Cambo on various sites, etc. in anticipation of his next trip and read a post where someone said that in their experience it was more dangerous than PP. That falangs are sometimes routinely robbed of money. Has this been any of your experiences? I have always heard it was a nice, quiet place.

It's not excactly a paradise on earth and the beach is nothing compared to better ones in Thailand. We went to have a pizza in some Italian restaurant and the owner was furious because the day before an old farang couple was robbed and killed with machetes in daylight. The Italian guy then guided us to the "chicken farm" and that was a sight I will never forget :( . Dirt road with cows running around and small shacks where miserable looking young girls were selling themselves. That was three years ago, maybe things have changed.

It was ok to rent a motorcycle drive around but at night time I didn't feel too safe there.

It's not excactly a paradise on earth and the beach is nothing compared to better ones in Thailand. We went to have a pizza in some Italian restaurant and the owner was furious because the day before an old farang couple was robbed and killed with machetes in daylight. The Italian guy then guided us to the "chicken farm" and that was a sight I will never forget :( . Dirt road with cows running around and small shacks where miserable looking young girls were selling themselves. That was three years ago, maybe things have changed.

It was ok to rent a motorcycle drive around but at night time I didn't feel too safe there.

Maybe you didn't know where to go or were too timid to enjoy yourself.

As I've never been there I'm sure ur right. I'm only passing on what I've heard. A farang woman who travelled throughout Cambodia said that and another farnag man backed it up but honestly I don't know.

U sound like u've been there why don't u add some personal insight cause I was put off going there because of what I'd heard.

Archived