Hard Rock Pattaya? Others recommended?

YimSiam

There can only be one reason to stay in that hotel and that's the swimming-pool, but as already said - also by me - pay some thousands more and stay in a suite, I've had boxrooms in some of my houses bigger than the ordinary room.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not sure why people would want to go to Hard Rock!

Rooms are tiny yet I've loved the seaview balcony to chill out at 5am, squeeze the last Singha(s), and watch sunrise on the bay. Some of the best moments I've had in Pattaya.

:smirk:

CT / Dumsoda,

Thanks for the info on Whitehouse, especially from that reliable source on the Joiner Fee for a 2nd girl - glad I'm not the only one that likes to see Double or even Triple sometimes... :cool:

Been staying in Suite rooms at Belle Villa and those are nice but Soi 13's a much better location - may well give Whitehouse a try next time. As I recall Khun Kong also spoke highly of the place.

Note for Prosal: the best Bay views I've ever seen are from the large, wrap around balconys in the suite rooms at Pattaya Centre (Soi 12). A fraction of the cost of Hard Rock but the insides were pretty run down last time I stayed there several years ago (unless they've refurbished by now), however the suite rooms were HUGE - I used to run laps in the room... :)

Note for Prosal: the best Bay views I've ever seen are from the large, wrap around balconys in the suite rooms at Pattaya Centre (Soi 12)

Thanks. I must say that I'm a bit on the contemplative side and the bay scenery is what I've appreciated the most in Pattaya.

In Rio also I would just sit for hours out on my veranda sipping caipirinhas and looking at the scenery. The contrast of the mountains going right down into the ocean is just incomparable.

:thumbup:

Oi Yimsiam! Where are your trip reports? :hmmm:

Ah, Free2Fly, flattery will get you everywhere! Just posted a trip report here , but it's a bit of a cheat, more a young-farang-in-Thailand romantic comedy than my usual down-n-dirty in the Pattaya party-gutter reports ( Mama Tried , Trip 33 , and Crash Landings )

Hopefully I'll be back in town soon enough and get some new material, but until then I thought I'd keep in Trip Report practice by remembering back to those sweet, tender days when I thought Pattaya was a cesspool and wouldn't even go down for a visit... How times have changed.

cheers :beer: ,

YimSiam :grin:

• 2 months later...

Alright, have finally returned to Pattaya (and lived to tell the tale!) for the Marriott v. Hard Rock comparison, and the winner is... Marriott, by a damned long shot! ChristianTroy was right on this one - Marriott has very nice rooms, comfortable bed and pillows, nice grounds, close to the action, friendly staff, decent room service, and perhaps best, side entrances for those mid-morning returns from JP bar with who-knows-what in tow. Booked a seaview double through ThaiHotelDiscounts (see link on this site - 1% to Thai360) but accepted an offer at check-in and upgraded to a junior suite for $30 - huge balcony, great view, on the corner so quiet and discreet as well. Open air hallway design reminds you that you're on a tropical vacation, not just in another corporate hotel (although, of course, it is just another corporate hotel).

Very guest-friendly - even when with multiples (or maybe we were just such a motley-looking crew they preferred for us to vanish from the public areas as quickly and quietly as possible... perhaps coming home wasted at 11 am with an equally-wasted freelancer and being met in the lobby by my 7-month pregnant BG friend was pushing the decency envelope...). Yes, it's a little expensive, but I'd do it again. My stay even gave me a chance to watch a little Fox News, reminding me why I'll probably never go home to live in the States again...

WhiteHouse Condotel will have to wait until next time... Luckily it looks like I'm being re-posted to a city less than two hours' flight from Thailand, so should be back early and often!

cheers,

YimSiam :)

Archived