Difference Between Love and Lust and Escalator Etiquette

MooNoi

I know that kwaam rak is Thai for love.

But is there a Thai word for LUST?

In Thai, is there a way to distunguish the difference between love and lust?

Also, if someone can tell me how to say in really local Thai slang the 2 following phrases plus number 3 I'd be forever grateful:

Can't you see the train is arriving? Why do you just stand on the escalator when you could actually move and catch the fucking thing so I don't have to be stuck behind you and then wait for the next one?

Why on Buddha's earth would you get to the top of an escalator and then just stand there looking around with your mouth open like a goldfish without any concept that there are people behind you with nowhere to go when they reach the top of the said escalator and will have no alternative but to run into the back of you?

Spacial awareness and tunnel vision

No... it hasn't been a good morning getting to work. :mad:

Yeah Chelsea...

Chilled and jai yen now.

Just needed to vent.

Just one of "those" mornings getting to work in BKK. Could be worse - I could be stuck on the bus or the train back in Farangland going to work.

Still annoying though!

It isn't just Thailand. Last week I was arriving in Vancouver BC airport. It was a down escalator and it was packed with people. There were a group of people who just stopped at the bottom and wouldn't move. There were literally a hundred people piling up onto them and stepping on each other trying to find somewhere to go. The group was oblivious. Get a clue or stay home!

Why don't you just push them out of the way? It's not like you just got here from politenessland. Excuse yourself as you do it if it makes you feel better; they won't care either way and they probably have a low opinion of you 'cause you're white, so what does it matter?

Archived