Golf around Bangkok

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there fellow golfers!

I would also like to team up for the occasional round of golf in BKK. Have played a bit in LOS before, but generally find it too damned hot for my taste. I can't keep my hands away from my clubs for long though, so let's get it on!

I'll be in LOS from 26 June for five weeks. Most of the time around BKK.

If anyone has the patience for my handicap 30 golfing, I would appreciate a round with any of you guys.

Dryson cool.gif" border="0

Read Bangkok Phil's website re golf in Thailand. Found a couple differences when I was golfing around Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

1. don't need a 4-some to tee off.. I played primarily by myself but 3 times when the course was busy I was places with others to make a group.

2. Caddie fees were not included in the green fee price but costs were very low for this anyway, usually Bt200 for 18 holes.

Getting out to the course and back to town is the biggest hassle and expense when golfing in Bangkok. I like the Blue Canyon in Phuket. Stay at the Lodge and you are already in the clubhouse. Makes those early tee times easier!

Jeez! Handicap 17, Greedisgod, you're gonna be bored stiff waiting for me fumble around.

But I am always up to a challenge!

I'll page you in the 'meetings' section once I have my clubs unpacked. I'll probably be in Pattaya second or third week of July. Tried the navy course once. Great fun. I was paired up with two girls. But not your average BGs, no sir. I was teamed up with a couple of players on the Thai national women's golf team!

They kicked my butt all 18 holes round... hehe best fun I had in a long time, nonetheless.

Cya

Dry Son

[ May 25, 2001: Message edited by: Dry Son ]

you're gonna be bored stiff waiting for me fumble around.

Nah, Dry !! Just love to get out there.

The biggest expense in BKK are the taxis to the clubs. Sharing much better.

In Pattaya different story with all the pubs and bars arranging transportation.

Sid_Hateful

Hope you'll join Dry and I for a few rounds.

I'll be there from the 30th of June to the 8th of July, but I sort of have this wife and she is requesting vacation time from work so I'm not sure of what days I'll be in Bangkok, but I should be there from the 5th to the 7th and should be free those days. I just started playing again last week after taking the winter off, souther california winters are pretty cruel you know. My handicap ranges from a 5.5 to around a 9, and currently is probably around a 18.

Archived