Taking a TG to South Korea

gobbledonk

Hi All,

Ms Crazypants is keen on a trip to S Korea in December, as someone told her that its 'very beautiful'. Whilst my sole image of the place is the DMZ, I'm sure that there must be other things to see in Korea : is there enough to do for a two-week holiday, or should it be a 3-day stopover en route to somewhere else ?

Thanks,

Gobble

PS yes, SD, it has occurred to me that I may have a better holiday if I buy her a ticket to Pyongyang and I go to Seoul. Or Soi 4.

PPS I dont think she has any idea how bitterly cold it will be in Korea in December either ...

While I don't think it is an ugly country, two weeks in Korea in winter is no way to spend a holiday. You will have to upgrade her wardrobe with clothes that she'll never use again. Women in Seoul are very well-dressed so if you dress your woman in cheap clothes, she'll stick out like a sore thumb and feel self-conscious.

I love Seoul myself because the women are gorgeous and I enjoy the (expensive) Korean nightlife. I'm not sure what a couple would do other than go shopping and eating.

Btw, I thought you were done with Ms. Crazypants and leaving her to pursue some guy with deeper pockets?

If you call into DHL on Sukumvit Soi 12 you can get two 25 kg Jumbo Boxes, chop her in half and she should fit easily into them. Stick your hotel address on the docket, mark it as personal effects of value less than $100 and you should be able to get her into the country cheaper than Air Asia.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Gobble,

Send me a PM if decide to come to the "land of the morning calm". There is an active Thai community here. The top things to do in Korea is shop, work and drink.

That said there is some great nightlife; however leaving Thailand for Korea in December is ass-backwards. Right now the weather is great, clear skies, low humidity and temps between 25-30. Mid July to mid Sept resembles Thailand, hot and humid, Fall is fantastic, but by late November it's "now mak".

My wife has been here over 3 years and actually likes it...but then she has me for those cold winter nights ;)

Its OK Chuck - I'm being pestered about Hong Kong now. Getting a visa for NZ turned out to be tougher than I'd hoped ....

Totally agree re the madness of leaving warm Thailand for a colder location in December : I dont think she has any concept of what 'Winter' entails. Even the version of Winter I had to endure in NZ is probably mild compared to S Korea ....

HK is great for a TG, she will love it. Your wallet will probably less like HK though.

A TG to Korea during winter? Do you want her to leave you or maybe you are looking to have her die suddendly in your arms?

:neener:

If Copenhagen is a bit cold during winter then South Korea is a bit of a freezing hell, if hell was a huge fridge

:beer:

Archived