Windows Vista Trying to Install Bluetooth Driver

MooNoi

Hi,

I'm running Vista on my laptop.

Everytime I boot up, I keep getting a dialogue box saying that Vista is trying to install a driver for a Bluetooth Peripheral Device.

I wasn't aware I had any!! :yikes:

I had Nokia PC Suite and Sony PC Suite on my laptop for two of my mobiles, and I thought it might have been something to do with this.

I removed both these pieces of software from my computer and it still keeps coming up. I don't know what Bluetooth device it's trying to install a driver for.

I went into Device Manager and there are 4 "Peripheral Devices" there that say they are missing a driver. I uninstalled these 4 things, but then when I re-booted, there they are again and the dialogue box comes up. :doah:

Any ideas guys?? Maybe it's actually a virus or worm - I've run Spybot, CCleaner, Adaware, Malwarebytes and they can't find anything.

Also, I installed some freeware on my laptop that I now can't uninstall. (Not sure if these 2 things are linked.. maybe!) But anyone know of any effective way to remove freeware that normal "Uninstall Programs" won't remove??

Thanks guys.

Piggy.

Revo Uninstaller usually does a good job.

Have you already tried to reinstall the freeware and uninstall then? What's the name of the freeware?

Regarding the unknown devices in device manager. These are most likely real hardware which require drivers. Right click on the device, choose 'properties'. There should be a tab 'details'. There you'll find a drop down list, something like 'hardware'. Check what it says for 'PID xxxx' and 'VID xxxx'. Google for 'PID xxxx' and 'VID xxxx', it should tell you some more about the hardware and the drivers required.

Thanks, Carlton!

Revo Uninstaller worked great! :thumbup:

There wasn't any info in the "Details" section of "Properties" for the Bluetooth at all. :doah:

So in the end, I just uninstalled the Bluetooth software on the laptop, (I never use Bluetooth on my laptop anyway), and now the box doesn't come up saying it wants to install Bluetooth drivers, so all seems well!

Thanks again! :beer:

Oh... forgot to mention another annoying thing that's happening! :(

Quite often get a dialogue box come up that says "PROBLEM REPORTS AND SOLUTIONS HAS STOPPED WORKING"

This has been coming up for weeks now! :(

Not sure what it means or how to get rid of it??

Any ideas?? :dunno:

I've tried a Google Search on it, and it seems some people have the same problem, but the solutions don't seem to be very clear to me!

And no one really explains what this dialogue box means or why it is appearing at random. :shakehead

(Can't wait til Windows 7!! Vista is annoying!!) :cussing:

Archived