Re-entry permit problem

I think I fooked myself trying to save 1800 THB, but maybe someone has some advice.

I have a non-imm B visa and, as such, I need to buy a re-entry permit when I leave the country. I am currently in the US and I have a valid re-entry permit for when I come back this Sunday at 0100.

The problem is, I am due to fly to Bali Monday morning at 0600. I was planning to buy another permit when I returned Friday, but then I foolishly extended my visit without thinking. I realize I should have just ponied up the 3800 for a multiple entry re-entry permit the first time around. I didn't do that because my non-imm B expires at the end of July (this month). Of course, my employer will renew my visa in August, but, correct me if I'm wrong, this would be a MAJOR hassle if my current visa is voided (probably mean going to some other country to get a new non-imm B). I tried to buy 2 single entries for 1000 THB each... but immi will only give 1 at a time!

I'm thinking, worst case scenario, I arrive at Swampy and somehow don't enter LoS and just wait in some transit area for 29 hours and wait for my GF, who I'm traveling to Bali with on Air Asia, to meet me at the Air Asia departure gate on Monday morning. I have all the clothes I need for the trip to Bali. Actually, I would need to pack a number of things that I brought back from the States in my extra suitcase and leave it at Swampy at some baggage check. Is there even such a thing at Swampy?

Next case, I'm wondering if I might be able to pay a "fee" of some sort at Swampy to get back in without using up my re-entry permit.

Anybody got any suggestions? BTW, I'm assuming that one still cannot get the re-entry stamp at Swampy anymore, which is one of the stupidest monkey moves I've seen these people make. If that has changed, then I take back everything I said. :)

Can't wait to get back home!

Can't you delay your flight for 24h? requires mostly a small fee with the airline.

Swampy has day rooms in concourse G 4th floor, but seems to be VERY expensive, 2000B for 6h??? no reservations possible, only walk-in.

Don't they (immigration) have the option of providing re-entry permit in "exceptional circumstances" since they canceled that service? although one should not count on that...

BTW, I flew in this Monday morning and saw 50+ people sleeping all over the place in the last section before immigration!!!

There is a baggage drop service at 100B/24h air side but you need to collect your luggage after immigration.

See airport map here: http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/87 departures shows day rooms.

and http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/85 shows there is a baggage service air side

@NG: yeah, it'll probably come to that.

@Tart: I might actually be able to extend for 24 hours, which would mean just waiting in the "Transit zone" for 8 hours. Not so bad. Just have to make sure my host can put up with me another day!

Maybe 2-3K baht could help to provide that service? :devil

Thanks for the links.

Found this to solve the baggage problem:

Accompanied Luggage Depository

If you are a transit passenger with accompanied luggage and you do not want to clear Customs, you are allowed to deposit your accompanied items at a Customs Bond under the following criteria:

· A passenger has an air ticket to the third country available;

· The deposit duration is not more than 2 months;

· The deposited items are not prohibited/restricted goods; and

· There is no suspect of Customs offences, smuggling, or prohibition/restriction violation.

When the luggage is deposited at the Customs Bond at the Airport, Customs officials will issue a Deposit Form (Form 466) with two duplicates. The original copy is given to a passenger. The first duplicate is affixed to the deposited luggage while the second one is affixed to the Deposit Form Counterfoil.

A daily fee at the following rates is charged for goods deposited in the Customs Bond:

If the gross weight per package

(a) not exceeding 20 kgs. 40 Baht/package/day

(B) exceeding 20 kgs. but not

exceeding 40 kgs. 80 Baht/package/day

© exceeding 40 kgs. 150 Baht/package/day

Fractions of one day are rounded as one day.

I think the GF can pickup our tickets at the Air Asia counter without me.

regarding getting reentry when stamping out at swampy immigration I got a feeling it may be available (e.g. together with the special overstay booths) as last time I exited (without having reentry peermit) the officer looked long & hard through the passport & then asked if I was coming back or not? As I declined he smiled & stamped me out, but if not it seems he would have an 'option available' - perhaps? :hmmm:

anyway the foolproof plan about staying in transit area obviously will solve the problem certainly :)

enjoy in bali!!!

Archived