Sign in to follow this  
gobbledonk

I hope you b*stards are enjoying warmer weather ...

Eastern States of Oz - most of us below about Bundy are currently freezing our nuts off. Snow in Orange, Guyra has a range of 2-8 deg C : hardly Siberia, but you folk from the Northern Hemisphere are built to take this crap : weenies like me cant handle it.

Yeah, I know - that last week long cold snap in BKK was really rough, right ?

Yes, my missus felt sorry for me so she is sending me off to Korea for a month to enjoy the onset of summer over there (and to prepare for my long stay over there - to learn Korean) ... oh yeah, I added a 10 day sojourn to LOS on the way over ... you are absolutely right Gobbles, no need to stay here and soak up the chill (especially when I can get the NRL footy online, very cheaply, these days) :beer:

Yes, thanks for the tip, I have heard that already, extremely hot and freezing cold, they just have 2-3 months of great weather ... but I am sure the hotels I will stay at will have a/c :beer:

I was working in Pohang one summer and it was hot!

After work, go down to the beach/ocean, munch the fresh cooked seafoods and a cold beer...life was good!!

Thanks Cav, I will surely do so :beer:

I have penciled in a 10 day LOS acclimatisation period before the Land of the Morning Calm experience. Will do Seoul, Busan and Jeju Island, so it should be interesting :beer:

Ahn Nyung Ah Say-oh.

:)

You should also stop by the Mid-Wilshire district of Los Angeles (where I live, also known here as K-town, home to more Koreans than any other city in the world with the exception of Seoul Korea).

I love Korean food most of all. The plethora of side dishes, the variations of Kimchi, and the spices. Tis a beautiful thing.

And they kinda remind of the Irish in that their free time seems to be split between bars and churches. :)

Have a good trip Oz.

Thanks Dave, it should be a good trip, have no idea about the pay for play scene, but in any event, I will try for the normal scene, as I intend to come back to learn the language :beer: