Thai Bar Girl, Now My Wife

think_too_mut

I don't know about mediocre IQ HT but it's a charged topic no doubt. Do I know you as a previous incarnation here? :) Have no doubt that TTM's story is probably authentic, but I'm always leery of translating a discrete experience to broad generalizations. Of course that's the way you have to discuss the topic (and it's also done in the quote I posted) outside of an academic study or personal anecdote.

Whether or not Thailand has disturbing trends (ex: greedy parents leaning on their daughters to do this to generate income) is a discussion that probably should continue.

Just don't know. Not qualified to say one way or the other. The BGs I've met weren't miserable or abused, or stupid. But that doesn't mean there aren't cases out there.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about mediocre IQ HT but it's a charged topic no doubt. Do I know you as a previous incarnation here?

not sure what mediocre IQ has to do with incarnation? are you Buddhist?

Of course I did not talk about TTM's wife, who I do not know. YOU came up with a theory about clever, high IQ prostitutes, who are in control of everything, their life, their clients and their environment. And I am sure this is NOT the case for the thousands of BG out there...

Don't even remember coming up with any theory at all.

I do remember posting a quote by someone I consider to by pretty damn smart (and if you're who I think you are -- I do recall you hate her guts :)) - in which she said that there were prostitutes that weren't abuse victims or addicts, and who were in control of their lives and their clients -- not vice versa. Could that applicable to some Bargirls and Gogo dancers?

I don't know, could it?

And the broad brushstroke of 'mediocre IQ' - I was saying that was pure bullshit, in a diplomatic way. Didn't think you were inferring that about TTMs wife, but now that you're getting a little weird, hmmmmmm.

Interesting.

I think you are mixing me up with someone else!

I actually agree to the smart one, you quote. There are prostitutes, who are in total control of themselves and their environment, but there are also those, who are abuse victims or addicts on the other end of the scale. And than there is the huge majority, who became prostitute by one or the other reason or by coincidence and they are struggling to keep control of themselves and their clients.

generalizations as usual do not work!

There are prostitutes, who are in total control of themselves and their environment, but there are also those, who are abuse victims or addicts on the other end of the scale. And than there is the huge majority, who became prostitute by one or the other reason or by coincidence and they are struggling to keep control of themselves and their clients.

Good assessment, IMHO. And yep, I'm not a subject matter expert. I stay in contact with one BG who worked Country Road and came into a little cash and now owns a tiny chicken joint in Nonthaburi. I get the impression she finds this dull and misses 'going out' in the big city. Her family, ironically, told her 'uh huh' - no working at Soi Cowboy for you. Have no doubt she still freelances periodically.

And she's very smart. But by no means the defining measure for all bargirls.

Anyway, belaboring the point. If someone asked - hey Dave32, what's your opinion? I pretty much believe exactly what you just wrote.

I 100% reject that, unless you are talking the most extreme end of the industry and I cant imagine anyone going near a freelancer like that. Yes, white trash here will fuck anything, just as crack whores in the US get customers, but the Oz government has thrown billions at Aboriginal health and welfare - year after year - for < 2 per cent of the total population. Compare that to Thailand, where Isaan people would be at least 40% of the total population (guesstimate - anyone ?).

It was more about distinct looks of people that many find unattractive.

Isaan people (20 mil) could be a ~thrid of the country but their girls could be almost 100% what is in farang oriented industry. And we find them not only attractive, some even marry them.

And out of large number, could be 2 mil of girls at age 20-30, some 10 thousand have taken to bars.

Someone was talking of "hard decision" to go and work bar. There is no decision, at least no decision process. It's rather a drift. There is usually a midstep. Leaving their village to work in a factory, construction or golf course.

That Novotel Bang Na, Soi 101 or something, sees more sex than Nana Hotel. All Japanese golf tourists and caddy for the day from the nearby golf courses.

There it starts: lack of discipline, lazyness, or drinking, sees them fired. Or very likely lack of social skills atop sees them expelled from the dormitory. All that is ready, comes before they even know what bars are. No bar can worsen that. But, bar can tolerate that, most of their workers are the same. Sleep into late afternoon, come, dance, sit, get barfined. Late for work - fine you.

Nonsense like Stick was posting "max 3 months before she is irreparable" look even more stupid after knowing how it works. The only thing long time exposure to bar can bring is about street smarts, including ransacking custmer mini bar to get over the act unconcious.

What was bad in them came with them, that saw them drifting into bars.

Those leaning toward yabaa are more likely to get into it in the armpits of Thai countryside due to blanket boredom, than in BKK. The villagers in my wife's town age 3 years for 1. Rampant alcoholism, drugs, no local work other than rice campaign.

Ironically, when I first came to Thailand the North was the main source of BGs and MP girls. Several villages were especially noted for their young women entering the sex trade. Massage parlours were filled with Northern women, the whiter the better. But as the North's economy improved, fewer went into it and the emphasis had shifted to the Northeast by the early 1980s. Nowadays it is unusual to find a Northerner in the bars.

With Bg`s you can`t really generalise - they are all different.Some do it just to make money,others hope to quickly find a foreign ( wealthy )sponsor/husband.Some want a change from their boring low paid factory job.One massage lady told me she decided to come to Patts and work in the industry after being sacked from her job in Bkk-she had an argument with her boss and ended up hitting her :susel: !So she decided to make a clean break and start a new life in Sin City.

...One massage lady told me she decided to come to Patts and work in the industry after being sacked from her job in Bkk-she had an argument with her boss and ended up hitting her :susel: !So she decided to make a clean break and start a new life in Sin City.

Isn't that not only the lack of social skill, but being plainly uncivilized? Furthermore, she had a cheek to tell you that, possibly even be triumphant. Can you imagine a kitchen fight with person like that? Thais won't give her a second look.

That is exactly what I am saying, you just added an example that perfectly fits. Would bar damage her?

She entered the industry because she was a wreck not good for anything else.

God knows what else had seen her booted out.

Ironically, when I first came to Thailand the North was the main source of BGs and MP girls. Several villages were especially noted for their young women entering the sex trade. Massage parlours were filled with Northern women, the whiter the better. But as the North's economy improved, fewer went into it and the emphasis had shifted to the Northeast by the early 1980s. Nowadays it is unusual to find a Northerner in the bars.

I cant say that I was particularly taken with any of the girls in CMs small bar district - they also seem to have more Katoeys than I saw on my previous trip. Seems to be a trend everywhere - must be some really fun school reunions between guys and gals from the same province when they realise they've both gone from the schoolyard to aelling their butts to Farang.

Archived