Bella Vista Hotel ~ Pattaya

unit731

I'm with chelseafan - having made the mistake of staying too close to the action for a single night in Patts, I would simply take my (overnight) bag to a bar on Soi 7 that I know stays open till dawn, then get a car back to BKK. Any illusion that the drunks all went back to their hotels or turned it down when the lights went out at 2am was a complete fantasy - never again. I genuinely believe that 2-3 hours 'sleep' does more harm than good.

I know the hotel but have never stayed there. Are you sure you want to stay in Soi 8 ? It can be pretty noisy through the wee hours of the morning. Personally I prefer to be further away from the action around second road.

The Bella Vista is on the small soi connecting soi 8 to soi 7. I know an American bloke that has stayed there and he said that that you don't hear the racket from the bars. I have never stayed in that area but according to him it is a good hotel.

I stayed at one of the Eastiny hotels on Soi 8 a few trips ago.

It was newer back then and quite nice.

A little worn looking last trip.

Noise is not an issue for me. The more the better.

Apparently, Soi 8 is its own destination for some.

I happened to get up real early one morning - around 4:00 AM and took a walk. There were still punters drinking at/on/in the open bars along Soi 8.

Soi 8.

I ran across the smallest bar I have ever seen in Thailand. Only enough room for two stools, bar, and one bar maid. Maybe enough room for 4 others to stand inside. Quite a site. It's gone now.

Archived