Bum Deal: Airline Forgets To Stock Plane With Toilet Paper For 10-Hour Flight To London

Flashermac

United Airlines' passengers flying to London got a real bum deal after the crew forgot to stock the plane with toilet paper.

Horrified flyers on last Sunday's 10-hour flight from San Francisco were told to use what they'd brought on themselves if they wanted to clean up after a bathroom break.

It sparked outrage among many of the customers who'd paid hundreds of dollars for their seats. :angryfire:

"That's disgusting, that's just so terrible," passenger Gretchen Holland told ABC affiliate KGO.

"If I'm paying for a ticket, that should include the price of toilet paper I would think," Holland added.

Attendants later gave in, and handed out tiny cocktail napkins — with the words "Fly by the tips of your fingers" printed on them. :cheerleader:

The airline has since apologized for the blunder. "We apologize to our customers on this flight for the inconvenience and would like the opportunity to welcome them back," a statement read.

A spokesman later told ABC that stopping to restock the supply would have delayed the flight.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/airline-forgets-toilet-paper-10-hour-flight-article-1.1381850

Your statement of "Continental never had these problems before the merger.", inferred to me that CO didn't have any issues worth mentioning. And you should have used the words, "this problem" as opposed to "these problems". There was only one problem mentioned in the article.

Maybe I should be more precise in my post.

I used to fly United only and when I started flying CO I realized that they were much better and switched to CO exclusively. So with the merger I find myself comparing now to then and the comparison isn't that good.

I miss the old CO.

Clearly if you say it it must be true!

Something must be wrong with Ura Dick to even consider the remote possibility that you could be even slightly incorrect.

Clearly something is wrong with me too as I can recall many great flights and many fuck ups on both airlines.

Archived